Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richard Thomas

John Nicholas

A couple of others to think about:
    Baptism Newcastle (Bridgend) 16th August 1826 Richard Thomas, son of Richard Thomas (Bailiff) and Jennet

Baptism Baglan 24th September 1826 Edward Thomas son of Richard Thomas (Lab) and Jennet

They're probably not both yours, but either could be.

John

Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by John Nicholas View Post
    A couple of others to think about:
    Baptism Newcastle (Bridgend) 16th August 1826 Richard Thomas, son of Richard Thomas (Bailiff) and Jennet

Baptism Baglan 24th September 1826 Edward Thomas son of Richard Thomas (Lab) and Jennet

They're probably not both yours, but either could be.

John
    Hello This is my Edward son of Richard and Jennet Thomas he was bapt. 24 th of Sept. 1826 Swan Baglan. father a labourer. This copy was sent to me by the West Glamorgan Archives. among Edwards children was a Richard and Jennet I think that I have found 10 children for Edward.
    I hope that this is of some use to helping you to help me.

Elizabeth

janbooth

Default Richard & Jennet THOMAS

Had another ferret around and could this be your Richard & Jennet in the 1841 census of Coychurch:

HO107/1422/5, folio 12, page 17
    Trebyn

Richard THOMAS 55 Farmer
    Jennet do 60
    John do 20
    Margaret do 15

All born in the county.

And this John seems to be in the 1851 census of Pencoyd and the record above that for Richard and Jennet I posted earlier:

HO107/2461, folio 248, page 25
    Trebyn

John THOMAS Head Mar 30 Farm Labourer Glamorgan Coychurch
    Margaret do Wife Mar 27 do Lanmaes?
    Richard do Son 2 do Coychurch

There is this Edward THOMAS in the 1841 census of Coity:

HO107/1422/7, folio 7, page 7

Anne THOMAS 80 Ind
    Edward do 15

Both born in the county. And is this your Edward in the 1851 census of Briton Ferry:

HO107/2463, folio 75, page 2
    Graig

Edward THOMAS Head Mar 25 Collier Glamorganshire Baglan
    Anne do Wife Mar 22 do Briton Ferry
    William do Son Un 3 do Baglan
    Marget do Daur 1 month do Briton Ferry

He is still in Briton Ferry in the 1861 census together with wife Ann and 5 children (including a Richard) and in the 1871 census together with wife Ann and 9 children, in Baglan in the 1881 and back in Briton Ferry for the 1891 census. Do you have details or would you like them.

Janet

Elizabeth

Talking Richard Thomas

I would like to thank you John,Janet and anyone else that helped. you have given me in searching for Richard and Jennet I want to believe that Richard was born in Neath but I feel that Jennet came from coity if you do find Richard or Jennet on the census please let me know.
    Thank you again
    I wish you a very Merry Christmas

Regards Elizabeth

aussieshay

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I am hitting my head on a brickwall trying to find Richard Thomas's parents Richard was born about 1798 in Neath. I just can't find his mam and Dad
    Please Help....
    Hi Elizabeth,

If you find a stray Mary Thomas somewhere in your line born April 1812 in Coychurch , Glamorgan can you give me a hoy? I've got her as my great x 3 grandmother with no parents and siblings, married to John Sherrah.

I know Thomas is a common name but stranger things have happened...

Regards
    Shay

John Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by aussieshay View Post

If you find a stray Mary Thomas somewhere in your line born April 1812 in Coychurch , Glamorgan can you give me a hoy? I've got her as my great x 3 grandmother with no parents and siblings, married to John Sherrah.

I know Thomas is a common name but stranger things have happened...
    You're right about Thomas being a common name, Shay! According to the Glamorgan FHS Baptism Index, there was one Mary Thomas baptised every year or so at Coychurch. Strangely, there isn't one in 1812 - 20 Nov 1811 and 16 May 1813 are the closest. The former was the daughter of Thomas & Gwenllian Thomas and the latter was the daughter of Evan Thomas, labourer, and Jane, of Ty'n-y-Waun (part of Coychurch Higher). Why do you think Mary was born in April 1812? By the way, if you want to follow this up, you'd better start a new thread, rather than hi-jack this one.

John

aussieshay

Quote Originally Posted by John Nicholas View Post
    You're right about Thomas being a common name, Shay! According to the Glamorgan FHS Baptism Index, there was one Mary Thomas baptised every year or so at Coychurch. Strangely, there isn't one in 1812 - 20 Nov 1811 and 16 May 1813 are the closest. The former was the daughter of Thomas & Gwenllian Thomas and the latter was the daughter of Evan Thomas, labourer, and Jane, of Ty'n-y-Waun (part of Coychurch Higher). Why do you think Mary was born in April 1812? By the way, if you want to follow this up, you'd better start a new thread, rather than hi-jack this one.

John
    It certainly wasn't my intention to hijack this thread, and I apologise if I have caused any consternation by posting improperly.

Regards
    Shay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12