Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lay preacher?

roymontrose

Default John Samuel Mellish

Hi Patsy,

Thanks for your reply ref. John Samuel Mellish. You and I have corresponded before through Genes Reunited.

As I mentioned before, I'm having trouble tracing the origin of John Samuel Mellish who married Grace Dickson.

I have been to Liverpool R.O and seen a copy of John Samuel Mellish and Margaret Elizabeth Ferguson's marriage certificate and on the certificate it gives the following details:

Date of Marriage: 6th January 1901.

Place of Marriage: St Chrysostom's Everton Liverpool.

John Samuel Mellish, aged 28 years, Bachelor, Occupation: Fireman, address: 64 Spencer Street. Father's Name: John Samuel Mellish (Deceased), Occupation: Tabacco Manufacturer.

Margaret Elizabeth Ferguson, Aged 22 years, Spinster, Adress: 64 Spencer Street. Father's Name: William Ferguson (Deceased) Occupation: Cooper.

Witness's: Susan Close and William Alfred Ferguson.

I now have a year and place for the marriage of John Samuel Mellish and Grace Dickson. They married in the December Quarter of 1868 at St Peter's Everton Liverpool. The next time I go to Liverpool R.O. (probably next week) I'll check out the marriage certificate and see what other information I can get from that. The only trouble is I won't be able to tell from this where John Samuel Mellish was born.

On John Samuel Mellish and Margaret Elizabeth Ferguson's marriage certificate it gives John's father as being deceased, I don't think he was, maybe they didn't talk?

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated i.e the lay preacher information, when and where was Margaret Elizabeth Ferguson when she was blind, was she blind from birth? etc.

regards,

Roy Montrose

Patsy Norman

Roy Montrose just come back on here please send an email to patsy69 AT btinternet DOT com or you could find me on facebook as Patsy Quinn Newcastle Northumberland.......Regards Patsy
    Last edited by Jan1954; 09-04-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Email address edited in the vain attempt that it will put spammers off.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Wendy
    Who was your great Grandad as my great uncle was a spiritualist Lay Preacher he was frim Merthyr Tydfil wales.Just wondering if its the same person
    Regards Nickie

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Wendy
    My great grand uncle was a spiritualist Lay Preacher from Merthyr Tydfil, just wondering what your great grand fathers name is
    Regards
    Nickie

Welcome to British Genealogy, Nickie. Unfortunately, you have joined an old thread (the date's top left on the message box) and the OP is no longer a member. That's why he's tagged as "Guest".
    Hopefully someone else may know the answer.
    Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12