Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A fountain of knowledge

morning lesley , thanks very much for your help ,i will follow up your 'expanding waistline 'theory ,sounds like a good idea ,the church was very strong in eyemouth after the disaster .

ref the 'child of the sea ' williamina was one of a very few to have been born after the disaster and her father to have been a victim of the disaster .
    1881 -eyemouth disaster-they called it Black friday
    children of the sea by peter aitchinson .
    my gr.gr.gr grandfather was william crombie of the fishing vessel 'Florida' he drowned at sea,his wife Margret was already preganant ,williamina was born feb 1882
    when you have time look it up it is a very sad day .

dean

A fountain of knowledge

thanks sue ,
    yes i have a lot on the crombies and visited eyemouth 2 years ago ,but i will have a look at the ancestry files .
    thanks again
    dean

Quote Originally Posted by dean coles View Post
    morning lesley , thanks very much for your help ,i will follow up your 'expanding waistline 'theory ,sounds like a good idea ,the church was very strong in eyemouth after the disaster .

ref the 'child of the sea ' williamina was one of a very few to have been born after the disaster and her father to have been a victim of the disaster .
    1881 -eyemouth disaster-they called it Black friday
    children of the sea by peter aitchinson .
    my gr.gr.gr grandfather was william crombie of the fishing vessel 'Florida' he drowned at sea,his wife Margret was already preganant ,williamina was born feb 1882
    when you have time look it up it is a very sad day .

dean
    I'm well aware of it - my main research at the moment is going on another Berwickshire parish.
    On that subject, if you think it would be useful to move this the the Berwickshire forum to attract a different audience, please ask.

Lesley

A fountain of knowledge

thanks lesley , yes i think that would be a great idea, a more localised forum might prove more fruitfull .
    can you do this for me .

kind regards

dean

Quote Originally Posted by dean coles View Post
    thanks lesley , yes i think that would be a great idea, a more localised forum might prove more fruitfull .
    can you do this for me .

kind regards

dean

Done!
    Lesley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12