Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    pipsqueak

Sorry to hear it's giving you problems. Hopefully, it's nothing I've done wrong!

Marie C..

No Of course it's not you. As son in law says "this computer is too complicated for an old person."Since he is just learning English I don't mind and he quite right anyway. No your site is ab solutely fine.

Guy Etchells

Displays well except for-
    On Fred Roberts page the “children box overflows with the word Walthamstow.

If I may add a suggestion. I would add links back to the “tree” from the individual pages as some may prefer to follow specific links rather than page by page.
    Cheers
    Guy

pipsqueak

Thanks for the suggestion, Guy. I thought perhaps people would use the links at the top of the pages to return to the family tree - but perhaps they won't.

Regarding your other comment, this is what I see when I look at it on the web. No overflowing of Walthamstow there, as you see. I wonder why you are seeing it differently?

CanadianCousin

Hi pipsqueak,

The site looks fine to me using XP Pro and Firefox 2. "Walthamstow" appears just as it does in your image. I did find one possible problem on the Roberts - Sutton page, however. I think the caption/link "About Gregory" is meant to be centred under his picture - this is how it looks to me (red underlining is my addition):

I've only browsed a few pages, but I think the design, layout and content are all first-rate. Well done!

Tim

v.wells

Well done Pipsqueak! Brilliantly done. Can view easily with Vista and IE7. You are quite the writer. Bravo for you

Guy Etchells

Quote Originally Posted by pipsqueak View Post

Regarding your other comment, this is what I see when I look at it on the web. No overflowing of Walthamstow there, as you see. I wonder why you are seeing it differently?
    I will post a screen image later (can't just now as I am doing a bulk file upload to WorldVitalRecords) to allow you to see the overflow.
    Cheers
    Guy

Hi Pipsqueak
    Nice site, well put together.
    I have one query, why didn't you use thumbnails photos instead of full size ones? Some where slow loading on my machine (OK I have a lot running on it) and I nearly missed a couple of photos because of it. If you need an idea what I mean, have a look at this page of mine https://www.claycross.org.uk/Photos/Bacon.htm

pipsqueak

Tim - the font looks bigger on your screen than mine; it might be the font. If your machine doesn't have Hoefler Text, it will substitute another font, and since it's set at 14pt it will look bigger for you. Certainly in my screen it's correctly positioned. If I were to change it to Times New Roman it would probably show correctly.

Neil, I did consider thumbnails, but the program makes it so easy to adjust the size and mask bits of the photo you don't want to see. I did wonder if it would be a problem for those with a slower connection. I'll work through it and make thumbnails, when I get the chance.

Thank you for the helpful comments and kind remarks.

pipsqueak

I've gone through the whole site and changed the font to Times New Roman, which is indescribably dull, but I hope it will fix the few discrepancies which have arisen between my view and the view of some other people. Unfortunately it hasn't fixed my print view - that's still all wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast