Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No good for me, but if anyone is looking for 18C coroners' inquests in the London area there are original images (with transcripts) available at https://www.londonlives.org/index.jsp, which is a bit of a treasure trove.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    To update this old thread, this time I've got my fingers firmly crossed. Thanks to the GRO adding ages to their death indexes, I have had another look for John Chandler's death certificate. At least I have been able to discount all the myriad John Chandlers who died in London as children! I have sent for one in Edmonton, the right area for the River Lea, and although it's for 1860 I'm hoping it took them that long to sort out the paperwork. The age is about right. If this one proves wrong then I think I'll finally give up!
    Blow! Not him. I'm giving up on this death certificate now. At least I know how and when he died. He was a plumber and glazier who probably worked on the Crystal Palace, so plenty of opportunity there for embezzlement.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Knowledgeable and helpful

Sue, there is another possible death registered in the first quarter of 1860 which could be your man.

John CHANDLER age at death 55, Waterloo Road Second in the County of Surrey, Vol 01D Page 224.

Waterloo Road Second was a sub-district of Lambeth which includes Norwood.

The transcript also states "Additional Copy: A", a phrase which doesn't appear in other entries, which suggests something out of the ordinary!

At least, if you have one more try, it should only cost you £6 for a pdf!

Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12