Loves to help with queries

Default Fitzgerald - Limerick

Looking for the marriage of John Fitzgerald (possible father Patrick) b abt 1833-1835 probably around Cappagh
    who married Ellen Hartigan abt 1855-1857.
    They had one child born there Margaret
    before immigrating to Australia around 1857-1858
    many thanks karen

Just to add Ellen Hartigan b abt 1834 parents were
    Cornelius Hartigan & Margaret Stokes.....karen

margaretm322

Ellen and John Fitzgerald were my great grand parents. Ellen Fitzgerald lived near Ballarat in Victoria. She possibly had seven children. One Patrick died in infancy and Brigid died at 19 years.The other children were Margaret, Eleanor. Michael Alice and Annie, not necessarily in that order. Three girls only married and had children. My grandmother Annie was the youngest. Ellen died in Coburg or Brunswick IN 1913 and is buried in the Coburg cemetry. John Fitzgerald whereabouts are unknown. My mother who was born in 1909 could not exactly say. There seemed to be the impression that he may have been buried in a paupers grave. My mother died in 2006 and she was the last of that generation . She was Ellen Hartigan's youngest grandchild. The descendants mainly live in Victoria and have been successsful. My cousins have a very detailed family tree mapped out, which also goes back past Stokes in Limerick Ireland. Ellen also had a sister who emigrated with her husband at the same, but she travelled on to Western Australia. Her descendants are there.One grand child lived in Malvern in Victoria. He died in the mid 1990's and has one daughter Catherine who was born in 1957
    margaretm322
    Last edited by Jan1954; 18-01-2009 at 9:40 PM. Reason: Detail of possibly living person edited.

Hi Margaret, I have been in touch with Catherine H and have been given a lot of info on the family now just have to trace them back further. I am a descendant of Eleanor Fitgerald who married John McLaren Jenkins (Jack), their son Herbert David Jenkins was my grandfather, he married Clarice Isobel Lambert.There is two of their children still living. Many thanks for the info you have given I'm sorry I haven't been back to this site for a while. I do have details of your mother and her two brothers family, many thanks karen

Margaret if you reasd this I forgot to ask if you know here sister and husbands last name?? would like to trace that side as well. thanks karen

louann

Hi Karen
    do you have a Timothy Fitzgerald in your Irish family? Possibly came to Aus in the 1850s?
    Louise

thanks Margaret I have the information in Australia just trying to track them down in Limerick, have been in touch with several family members and slowly getting there. Ellen and John Fitzgerald were my gr gr grandparents

sorry louann haven't been on for ages but no Tmothy that I have come across, good luck