Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tonyros@optusne

Question Sarah Ann Thompson

Seeking info on family of Joseph Thompson and Eliza Ellen Daly. Daughter Sarah Ann Thompson born Cork 1812. Sarah married in Melbourne Australia 1844. Any info greatly appreciated.

Judith Anderson

Hello Tony, my 3 x great grandmother was called Sarah Ann Thompson. She married William Cornelius Williams a widower in Melbourne in 1844. One of the witnesses to the marriage was Joseph Thompson. They had four children: Joseph (died as a baby), Sarah Ann who married Walter Augustus Williams & had 10 children, Joseph who married with no children and William Cornelius who married and had 5 children. I would be most interested to hear if you have any information on the ancestry of Sarah Ann Thompson. I cannot find her date of death either. I am also trying to find information on her husband William Cornelius. Hope to hear from you. Judy

shume

Sarah Ann Williams d 1893 aged 81 Vic Reg No 11140 Parents Jos Thompson and Eliza Ellen Daly. Ref Digger Federation Index 1889-1901.
    Too many Wm Williams. If you purchased her death cert it might state whether he was deceased or not.
    Also their son Wm Cornelius Williams publican Flower Hotel Carlton died July 1891 aged 44. Ref Trovenla "Argus" 14/7/1891 Probate of estate.
    Stephanie

shume

Default Death of Wm C Williams Snr. Hobart Mercury

WILLIAMS.-In fond and loving re-
    membrance of our dear father, William
    Cornelius Williams, who departed this
    life November 5, 1899.
    Suddenly-just in a moment-
    The Lord of Life did come,
    And lifted him out of the cloudland
    Into the light of home.
    Dearest father, we have laid thee
    In the peaceful grave's embrace,
    And thy memory will be cherished
    Till we see thy loving face.
    Inserted by his loving daughters.

Judith Anderson

According to his Death Certificate, William Cornelius Willams was born in London and emigrated to Tasmania in about 1839 where he spent 5 years before moving to Melbourne where he lived for the remaining 45 years of his life. I tried to find his name on a Tasmanian Passenger List but with no success. If you happen to know any websites I could find him on I would be most grateful. In my research I did discover that there was another William Cornelius Williams family in Tasmania, a relation perhaps. Judy

Judith Anderson

Thank you so much for your response Stephanie. I did purchase the Death Certificate for Sarah Ann Thompson and it led me to discover that her husband Walter Cornelius Williams died in South Melbourne in 1889. They had another two children that I was previously unaware of: Robert 1851-1852 and Charles 1854-.

Sarah's father Joseph Thompson was an Engineer according to Sarah's Death Certificate. They emigrated from Cork, Ireland to NSW where they spent 2 years before moving to Melbourne in about 1843. Regards, Judy

shume

In your initial enquiry you state you can't find a date of death for Sarah Ann Thompson and then you say you have her death certificate? Also remembering that information on a death certificate is only as reliable as the person giving it knows, you already have a death for WCW Snr in Hobart.
    Trove searches for Family notices are really useful too.
    Stephanie

suemry

Hello shume and judith anderson. My mother asked me to tell you that she has a lot of history on the Williams family and Sarah Ann Thompson. She is 85yo, not that computer literate but can answer emails. If you would like more information on the above families you can contact her at joyce-maryATicloudDOTcom post her and l will pass on your queries.
    Last edited by christanel; 19-09-2015 at 9:32 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

tonyros@optusne

Hi Judith. We are related! Sarah Ann Thompson is also my 3xGreat Grandmother. I then follow William Cornelius Williams/Johanna Casey, Edith Frances Williams/William Godfrey, Edith Mary Godfrey/Roy Stanley Howe, Margaret Rae Howe/Arthur Bennie Jones. I'm really keen to go further back than her parents and at this stage I have no info WCW parents.

Kind regards,
    ...Tony

Judith Anderson

Great to hear from you Tony. I am related through your WCW's sister, Sarah Ann. I
    am on holiday this week and struggling to type this on my iPhone. I will contact you again next week. Regards, Judy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast