Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SARAH GOUDEKET AND ALBERT KIRBY

For any listers researching the GOUDEKET family from Amsterdam I have very recently confirmed the marriage of one of my great uncles Albert KIRBY to Sarah GOUDEKET.
    The GRO Marriage certificate shows:
    22 OCTOBER 1906 Register Office Hackney
    ALBERT EDWARD VICTOR KIRBY 24 Licensed victualler manager 31 Neville Road Stoke Newington -father George Kirby deceased - Licensed Victualler
    SARAH GOUDEKET 25 spinster Barmaid same address as groom- father- Solomon Emanuel Goudeket - bootmaker journeyman
    Witnesses
    L E Kirby
    Harry Goodman

Albert. b 1882 is one of the sons of George Kirby and Laura Eliza Reece and was the Manager of the Horshoe Hotel tottenham Court Road for some years.

Sarah's family including herself appear in the Familyseatch site 1881 British Census at 26 Spitalfields under the wrong surname GOUDET. Aubrey Jacobus has a website and data base which includes the GOUDEKET line and its Dutch origins.
    Any listers with links to the line are welcome to contact me.
    Phillip

Nb These lines connect through marriage to Jacobs/Crawcour/Hart/Myers

moshe ben baruh

I am a descendant of Isaac Goudeket. Sara Goudeket married to Albert Kirby was a daughter of Salomon Goudeket son of Emanuel son of Isaac. who was my great-grandfather. I am curious to know the deceasedate of the two partners and also precise information about eventualy children from this marriage.
    Emanuel Goudeket son of Isaac was a brother of my grandfather Samuel born 25 May 1852 Amsterdam deceased Okt. 1942 in Hilversum Netherlands as a victim of the holocaust.

I have just returned from holiday and will reply to your message in more detail.As a brief summary Albert Kirby was the son of George Kirby and Laura Reece. Albert was a publican and had at least one daughter Laura. George and Laura Kirby are my great grandparents. As you will note Albert was not Jewish.
    Phillip

Default ALBERT KIRBY-SARAH GOUDEKET

The 1911 Census RG14 07 1297 ( Crown Copyright,TNA) shows Albert with his wife Sarah and daughter Laura at Half Moon,88 Grace Church St,City of London:
    Albert Edward Victor Kirby H 29 Licensed Victualler Manager b Kings Cross; Sarah Kirby wife 30 b Spitalfields Licensed Victualler Manager; Laura Kirby dau 3 b Dalston; Gladys Laura Stovill Kirby sister single 20 visitor b Edmonton. There are others in the property

The 1891 Census RG12 1083 1318 ( Crown Copyright,TNA) Hertford Road ( The Cock) Edmonton has:
    George Kirby H M 56 Publican b Little Bookham Surrey; Laura Eliza Kirby wife 32 b Borough; Albert E son 9 b Kings Cross;Francis C son 5 b Enfield;Gladys L dau 2 mths b Edmonton

The baptism record for Albert Kirby Parish of St Pancras: Albert Edward Victor Kirby baptised Feb 27 1882- father George Kirby Fishmonger 50 Caledonian Road; mother Laura Eliza Kirby. In the 1901 Census RG13 1251 160 21 ( Crown Copyright,TNA) 66 Glencestry Road Tottenham- Laura Kirby H widow 43 living on own means;Albert son 19;Francis son 16;Gladys dau 9;Diana dau 7; Georgina dau 3
    Currently, I have not traced the death of Albert or Sarah nor the marriage ( if any) of Laura or her death. I am also unaware of other children ( if any) born to Albert and Sarah.
    Phillip

Default ALBERT KIRBY-SARAH GOUDEKET DEATHS

In response to Post 2 of this thread I can now confirm the deaths of Albert Kirby and his wife Sarah Goudeket.
    The probate records show- death of Albert Edward Victor Kirby 16 Grange Road Eastbourne found dead 2 Nov 1959. He left a bequest of 35034.10s to Laura FREEMAN.
    The GRO Death Index records- Albert E V Kirby Dec qtr 1959 5h 248 Eastbourne age 77; Sarah Kirby March qtr 1953 5h 325 Eastbourne age 72

The Passenger shipping records show: Laura Kirby b abt 1907 age 40 Female Single occupation Caterer Last Permanent Residence Eastbourne -Port of Departure Southampton on Queen Mary arrived New York 10 Dec 1947.

I can't trace a marriage of Laura Kirby to a Freeman in the British records but suspect she married abroad and died abroad leaving no heirs.
    Albert Kirby was my great uncle.
    Phillip

The bequest to Laura Freeman nee Kirby should read £5034.10s ( a significant slip of the keyboard).
    Phillip

Default LAURA FREEMAN NEE KIRBY

This post is part of a follow up for distant cousins regarding Laura Freeman nee Kirby daughter of Albert and Sarah Kirby.
    I have yet to trace her marriage but Laura died GRO Death Index 27JY1907 Eastbourne 5H 782 in 1973.
    Her probate shows her living at the same address as her father-Laura Freeman 16 Grange Road Eastbourne died 19 April 1973. Effects £21418
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

The following are GRO Death Certificates for Albert Edward Victor Kirby and Sarah Kirby nee Goudeket:
    Eastbourne 5 January1953
    Princess Alice Hospital
    Sarah Kirby age 72 16 Grange Road Eastbourne the wife of Albert Edward Victor Kirby Hotel Manager ( Retired)
    Cause of death 1a Carcinoma 1b Cerebral Tr?
    Informant A E V Kirby widower of deceased 16 Grange Road Eastbourne

Death
    Eastbourne
    Found dead 2 November 1959 16 Grange Road Eastbourne
    Albert Edward Victor Kirby age 77 Hotel Manager (Retired) Cause of death 1a Coronary artery occlusion 1b Atheroma
    Certified by A C Sommerville Coroner for Lewis District East Sussex after post mortem without inquest

Informant
    Elsie GOODSON sister in law 90 Avenue Road Hampstead London NW3

The following confirms that Jack Goodson is Jacob Goudeket son of Solomon Goudeket. Jack Goodson aka Jacob Goudeket is the brother of Sarah Kirby nee Goudeket.

1891 Census ( Copyright TNA) RG1 280 11 23
    108 Goulston Street Whitechapel London
    Solomon GOUDEKET H M 47 Boot laster b Holland Amsterdam
    Flora wife 44 b Holland Amsterdam
    Esther dau s b London Whitechapel
    Hyman son 15 Apprentice to coach smith b Spitalfields
    JACOB son 14 Apprentice to boot lasting b Whitechapel
    SARAH dau 13 Cigar maker b Whitechapel
    Emanuel son 10 scholar
    Betsy dau scholar
    Abraham son 5 scholar
    Joseph son 4
    Eliza dau 2
    Barnet son 7
    All above children born Whitechapel

The London Gazette 17 April 1923 ( High Court Action)
    Jacob Goudeket (known as Jack Goodson) carrying on business under the name and style of The Cooperative Part Mutuel( Mutual) Society at Suite 51, 26 Charing Cross Road and 91 St.Martins lane WC2 and lately residing at 46 Bedford Court Mansions Bedford Avenue Bloomsbury Street London WC1.
    By 1925 he is trading as Jack Goodson Limited.

The following records relate to Solomon and Clara Goudeket parents of Sarah Kirby nee Goudeket:
    1901 Census (Copyright TNA) RG13 305 73 5
    35 Davis Mansions Whitechapel London
    Soloman Goudeket H M 56 Boot laster b Holland Dutch subject
    Clara wife 54 b Holland Dutch subject
    Emanuel son s 20 b Spitalfields
    Barnett son s 17 printer b Spitalfields
    Abraham son s 15 Printer b Spitalfields
    Joseph son 14 Printer b Spitalfields
    Eliezer son 12 b Spitalfields
    SARAH dau s 23 Cigar maker b Spitalfields
    Betsy dau s 18 Boot trimmer b Spitalfields

United Synagogue Burial Records