ogrady

Unhappy Buggle and Doran families

Good Day
    I am looking for information on the Buggle and Doran families, from County Kildare, Ireland. My great grandmother was Rose (Elizabeth?) Buggle born 1865?. Her parents were Patrick (Patt) Buggle and Elizabeth Doran. She had seven siblings. She moved to Liverpool England and married Michael O'Grady (Grady).

Her siblings were as follows:

John born 1866 Rathmore, Kildare
    James born 1868 Rathmore, Kildare
    Michael born 1870 Rathmore, Kildare
    Julia born 1872 Rathmore, Kildare
    Catherine born 1874 Rathmore, Kildare
    Mary born 1876 Rathmore, Kildare
    Patrick born 1878 Boston, Kildare
    Anne born 1880 Rathmore, Kildare

Teresa Buggle

Default Buggle/Doran update

I have reserched many Buggle families, however, have not been able to make links; my husbands family tree does not include Buggle/Doran. May be linked in the early 1800s, not easy to research before 1864, as church marriages do not include parents names only witnesses. I do believe your family listed are from Boston/Ardclough, near Straffan Co Kildare. Rathmore is on the border with Co Wicklow, where other Buggles live. From my records Rose was one of twelve children. She was born 22 Nov 1863. Elizabeth 12 June 1865. Will try to make more links with present day decendants to assist you. I have made possible link with John Buggle and Rose Walsh,also from Boston Co Kildare, on the assumption Rose and John, first born female and male were named after paternal grandparents. John snr. leased 8.2 acres of land from Earl of Clonmel in Boston, as listed in 1850 Griffith Valuation.1850 Griffith Valuation of Ireland (for Tax Purposes) have Buggles resident only in Co Kildare; available on the web (index extract best). 1851 Dublin Census has one head of household in Dublin, James Buggley. I do believe the name started in Kildare. Original Spelling Bughill, as listed on Grave Stone in Lyons Parish Grave yard dated back to 12 Nov 1772; John Age 40 (born 1732). Other names on gravestone Elizabeth and Patrick. Many Bughill records Catholic Celbridge Parish.

Have nothing on computer yet just a database record at present

kind regards

teresa buggle

Ciaran Buggle

Default Another Buggle in Canada?

Hi,
    I am looking for information on the Buggle Family Tree and history; would some one be so kind as to direct me? Unfortunately; I have little to go on at this point in time.

Ciaran

ogrady

Good day Teresa

After reaching I have found that Rose and Elizabeth were sisters, not one like I believed. What I do know now is Their grandparents were; James Buggle and Mary Walsh. The Buggle's in Ireland are all related to one Buggle that came from Germany. Any information, or sites that you may know so I can search about the family would be appreciated.

narf

You might be interested in the following link
    https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...ager.offset=10

Teresa Buggle

Who are you????? My husband's family were in Westmanstown Dublin in 1911 census: name spelt Bougle in 1901 census and living in Clongish co Kildare

Procat

Hi Teresa,

Please be aware that you MAY not get a response from the other two posters on this thread as neither has been on the forum since April 2009.