Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mother hen

Default delaney of clare

I know that finding Southern Ireland records are hard but i hope someone can help find some information on Patrick Delaney and Martha Delaney (Stringer)
    They are the parents of Francis Albert Delaney dob 3/8/1910 and died 19/10/1987 in Harlesden London. He was married to Julia Sweeney from County Kerry.The address on birth certificate is Cornfield ,Killadysert in County Clare .We do know his father was a game keeper.Apart from that we know nothing of the Delaney family before Francis.His siblings were Jack,Bill,Patrick,Lucy and May.I will admit i have asked on other sites but not one single thing. PAM

Strangford

Default Delaney

Hi Mother Hen here is a copy of the 1901 Census for Co Clare and it has:

Patrick Delaney, age, 31 born in Co Galway
    Martha Delaney, age, 28 born Co Kilkenny
    Patrick Delaney, age, 2 born Co Limerick
    Lucy Delaney, age 1 born Co Clare

so obviously they have been living in Co Limerick before they came to live in Co Clare.
    https://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coc...nfield65_5.htm

Jane

mother hen

Default Delaney

Dear Jane,
    Thank you so much for the information.I hope you dont mind me asking but is there any way you could find more for me . I know you must be busy looking for other people but i know nothing about Patrick and Martha so anything you can get for me would be great. Thanks once again Pam

Marie C..

Motherhen,
    Now you have info on the parents you know that he was born 1870 in Galway and Martha was born 1872 in Kilkenny and I guess they might have married there.
    A marriage entry will give you parents names and useful witnesses. See if there is a marriage that might fit on the IFHS(Irish fam hist. site.). It is a free search and then you pay for info.
    You could also see if there is a birth for Lucy in 1900 in Clare Clare.
    There is more Irish info coming onto the websites. Look on the Leitrim/Roscommon site and failteromhat which has links to useful info.
    (My Gran born Offaly Ireland is buried in Cherry Lane cemetery in Hayes!) M

mother hen

Default Delaney

Thanks i will give it a try .I am just up the road from Cherry Lane, you do know that they want to put the new run way for Heathrow straight through there and demolish most of that and the area around it .Pam

Marie C..

Oh dear. It was a quiet little lane when they buried my Granny 60 years ago! M

mother hen

I know there is a church down the road from it that they want to flatten and its about 15 century, such a shame.
    I have just come back from the county next to yours. My son lives in Tavistock Devon .I love both counties but couldnt live there i am a towney im afraid

Strangford

Default Patrick Delaney

Hi Pam this is now the hard part but check out the free searches for Limerick and Galway on this site and then you can decide whether they are worth paying to view:

galwayeast.brsgenealogy.com/

Good luck

Jane

mother hen

Question

Thank you Jane,
    i have just had a quick look and i see what you mean about the payment,i will have a think about this one it is quite expensive but if you want the info you have to pay for it .

deborah moyles

Hi Pam,
    I have just started to look into my maternal side of the family,Patrick and Martha are my great great grandparents!!!
    Their daughter lucy is my granny's mother. My granny was also lucy.
    the delaney i think came from galway, thats where i live now. We have alot of family around the Athenry area.
    If i find any other information i will pass it on. was wondering if you know anything about the stringer and hetherington families? would love to hear any information you might have.
    my e mail address is: deborahmh1 AT hotmail DOT com
    thanks a million
    deborah
    Last edited by Jan1954; 05-04-2010 at 6:01 PM. Reason: Email address edited against spammers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast