Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josie

Default william and mary newport of wexford ireland

hi

i am trying to trace any information about my husband grandparents, they were William Newport Born 1891 Wexford and died 1950 and his wife Mary(nee Flood) born 1901 and died 1953 i know very little about them except William mother was a margaret Clark and Mary's mother was a Catherine O'Leary they were catholics i know William and Mary had a daughter Mary O'Connor who lived in Corish Park, a son Robert who moved to NSW and then back to wexford, a daughter Anasatsia George(my husband mother) who moved to London, another daughter ester who moved to london and then new zealand. There were 13 or 14 children but i have no ieda of there namesif anyone could help or have a connection i would love to hear from you.

josie
    Australia

newport

Smile reply

Hi Josie.
    We are delighted to reply to your search about your grandparents who were also my grandparents. Our family name is Newport. Our fathers name was William who was a son of William and Mary from Maudlintown in Wexford. William had six children, four girls and two boys. ( Chrissie,R.I P. Martin, James, Eileen, Patricia and Marie. Our Mother was Ellen Kehoe. We will gladly give you any information you need and look forward to hearing from you.
    We learned of your search today from a friend.

Marie and Eileen.

josie

Smile William and Mary Newport

Hi Marie and Elleen

Have sent you private message, hope to hear from you soon

Mimo Bol

Default William and Mary Newport

Hello there,

Mary O'Connor (nee Newport) was my grandmother she had a brother Robert (Bobby) who did emigrate to NZ and returned to Wexford to live with his wife Val, Anna George their sister now lives in Surrey as far as I know. They also have another brother Fintan who lives here in Wexford and there are a few more siblings also whom I cant recall all their names - I believe my great aunty Anna is the same person you are refferring too! Your post seems to be dated quiet a while back so you probably have all the info you need.

All the best.

v.wells

Smile

Mimo Bol
    I daren't ask you if you have access to Wexford records? I am searching for my g grandmother Mary Elliott b 1860 and married Michael Walsh b 1840. He apparently came from Rathkiele, Limerick but on all the census it has been recorded as Wexford. 2 boys Thomas and Michael John Walsh were born in Capetown, while Michael in army. He was a bootmaker. The other children were born in England. Mary Elliott married Michael about 1876 - she was very young. Both Roman Catholic. We do not know if there were any Elliott's in England and know nothing about her Irish family. I would love some helpful ideas aside from applying by mail for a researcher.
    Thanks and Welcome to our forum!

Mimo Bol

Unfortunatly I don't, sorry I cant be of help!

v.wells

Oh well, it was worth a try.Thanks for replying.

GNewport

Default The Newport Family Tree

Hi,

My name is Geraldine Newport and I believe I can be of great help in your search for your husband's family as my grandparents, William and Mary Newport are obviously of some relation to your husband. My father Fintan Newport has been researching our family tree for years (with help from my mother and my other sisters and brother!). I have just started my own research on behalf of my parents as they are not quite up to date with modern technology as of yet!!

From the comments in the forum, I have gathered that my cousins Marie and Eileen have been in contact with you some time ago. Despite this, if you need any more info, please get in touch!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ps. I have also sent you a private email just in case!

Jasswab

Smile Patrick Newport 1865

Hi any help on this family would be greatfully appreciated

1. PATRICK NEWPORT was born Abt. 1865 in Wexford Ireland He married ANNA COUSINS 1890 in Wexford Ireland, daughter of THOMAS COUSINS and ALICE QUINN. She was born 19 Feb 1869 in Carrigbyne Wexford9,

Notes for PATRICK NEWPORT:

Living with Patrick 1901 Wexford Census, Ballykelly Killiane

Annie(27)wife-Annie(7)-Kathleen(6months)Eddy(28)brother-Maria(23)sister- An nie Hogan(7)niece-Maggie Hogan(5)niece[desk.FTW]

More About PATRICK NEWPORT:
    Address (4): 1901, Ballykelly

More About ANNA COUSINS:
    Baptised: 19 Feb 1869, Sponsors John Dunphy & Mary Nugent
    Fact 11: Had a twin brother John
    St Catherine - bir: 19 Feb 1869, New Ross

Children of PATRICK NEWPORT and ANNA COUSINS are:
    i. ANNIE NEWPORT b. 1893, Ballykelly Killiane
    ii. CATHLEEN NEWPORT b. 1900, Ballykelly Killiane

My family connection is through Anna Cousins

Thanks

Peter Cousins

tiggerbrat

my great great grandmother was a NEWPORT Bessie Ann NEWPORT but until I get her birth certificate I am not sure where she came from I found her father was James NEWPORT she married Harry James Meredith Aug or Sept 1882 South Stoneham county of Hampshire her daughter Bessie Edith was born under her mother's maiden name NEWPORT
    Jules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast