Thread: Surname Dugard

lindarhead

Default Surname Dugard

I am searching for details of William Dugard, born in Berkshire in or around 1812. His mother was Elizabeth Dugard,born about 1786,possibly in Oxfordshire. By the time of the 1841 census both mother and son were residing in Stoke-on-Trent. Elizabeth died in 1852,William died in 1877, both in Stoke-on-Trent.

On the census of 1851 William is listed as having a daughter,although he is shown as unmarried. His daughter is listed as being named Ann Mollishall,age 2 years. Any help or information on this one would be appreciated.

Thanks, Linda

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by lindarhead View Post
    On the census of 1851 William is listed as having a daughter,although he is shown as unmarried. His daughter is listed as being named Ann Mollishall,age 2 years. Any help or information on this one would be appreciated.
    Hello Linda,

I have had a look at the 1851 census (Class: HO107; Piece: 2005; Folio: 168; Page: 44) and Ann is just shown as the grandaughter of Elizabeth, rather than the daughter of William. It looks as though Elizabeth may have had a daughter who married a Mr Mollishaw.

By the way, just to muddy the waters, there is a birth registration of a Mary Ann Mottishaw in the June quarter of 1849 (volume 15, page 541) in Bingham District, which covers Shelton, where Ann is recorded as having been born...

lindarhead

Oh thank's for that,that's brilliant. However I have Ann's marriage cert and it gives William as her father,and in the 1861 census she's listed as Ann Dugard...but I will have a look at that birth because in later census records when she's married she's listed in some as Ann,and some as Mary Ann.

Thanks again, Linda

lindarhead

Checked that birth record,and the district Bingham although it does cover a Shelton,it's Shelton Notts so I don't think it's the right Shelton as the Shelton where Ann lived was Shelton,Stoke-on-Trent,Staffordshire. I could of course be way off beam..

Linda

lindarhead

Default Dugard/Mollishall

Link to the marriage cert of Ann Mollishall and Robert.

I should add, just to add to the problem,on the birth certificate of Ann and Robert's son,Robert, mother's maiden name is given as Moddershaw,so it's very confusing,plus the family name of her husband is Barnett not Burnett as shown on the marriage cert. This has been checked and threble checked and this certificate is definitely for Ann and Robert Barnett.

thanks for any help, Linda

Came across your post on the Web and signed up. Although this is from 2008 and your last post appears to be 2013, you may find the analysis I have posted regarding Ann & William on my blog interesting - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dugar...97164497218593. Let me know if any questions.

Mark
    DUGARD One-Name Study