Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by angie gray View Post
    I found my THOMAS jONES from Ireland on the 1911 census still alive age 63 , still living Sculcoats Born Ireland and it says DUAMANAY , but i cannot find such a place ...
    Can any one help ?
    Should you be able to help Angie please refer to her other thread regarding Thomas Jones.

Angie, it is better to keep all your information on one thread regarding Thomas otherwise research efforts can easily be duplicated.

Hall/Swan

Quote Originally Posted by angie gray View Post
    I found my THOMAS jONES from Ireland on the 1911 census still alive age 63 , still living Sculcoats Born Ireland and it says DUAMANAY , but i cannot find such a place ...
    Can any one help ?

Probably Dunmanway

Co Cork...

if I posted this to your other thread it mightn't make sense to the thread....

lindyloo46

Irish BMD are now at the Abbey Life Centre just off O Connell Street, you have to pay for a year but they give you a book for a year either side of that year. Then when you have found what you may think is your correct BMD you then submit it at the desk and wait for them to issue a photocopy of the entry ( more Euros). Its far cheaper to go to the Libary on Pierce Street do your BMD look up and get the page and Volume no. for free and then go around to the Abeey Centre foe the entry copy. The Libary is also on line with a large database free, its mainly Dublin but not exclusively. Try Dublin Heritage ie.

irishfamilys

Talking The General Register Office Dublin

The General Register Office (Oifig An Ard-Chláraitheora) maintains a genealogical/family history research facility at 3rd Floor, Block 7, Irish Life Centre, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1.

The Research facility is open Monday to Friday, (excluding public holidays) from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. for the purpose of searching indexes to birth, death and marriage records and for obtaining photocopies of records identified from the indexes.

Indexes in relation to the following records of life events are available for inspection at the Research Facility:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12