Dorothy

Question WILSONs from Snape , Boroughbridge , Grewelthorpe etc.

My GGgrandfather George WILSON a cordwainer was b. 1828/9 in Boroughbridge - father William . He m. Elizabeth HAW in 1849 in Well. Children in Snape were John b. 1850 , William b. 1859 , Elizabeth Ann , my Ggrandmother b. 1860 , George , b. 1861 and Caroline b. 1862. A son Henry had died. He remarried Mary LAMBERT of Snape in 1870 and they had Lambert and Charles Thomas then moved to Grewelthorpe.

Found William in Great Fencote ( I think) in 1901 m. a widow Jane b. Leeming . George was in Newbottle on the 1901 census m. Mary b. Moorsley DUR. with Florence , Ann , Henry and George. Caroline m. Abraham EDEN and in 1901 was a widow in Fearby with Annie aged 11 and Percy aged 6 . John WILSON may be the one m. to Ann nee GATENEY b. Ferryhill on the 1881 census with children , John Henry aged 3 and Dorothy ( grandmother was Dorothy HAW) aged 1 .Charles Thos. was living with his family and parents in Grewelthorpe on the 1901 census but not sure about Lambert

Would appreciate any information on this family.

Stella Short

Was George's (b 1828/9) father William and mother named Elizabeth Tinsley who was born in Little Ouseburn.
    My Gt Grandfather was James Wilson b 1841 in Borboughbridge & he had an older brother George
    Stella

Dorothy

Smile WILSONs of Boroughbridge etc.

Yes, that was my GG grandfather , George, son of William originally from Snape . George's daughter Elizabeth Ann b. 1860 in Snape was my G grandmother.
    Didn't we communicate before?
    Cheers,
    Dorothy

geniebuff57

Default wilson of Snape, Suffolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    My GGgrandfather George WILSON a cordwainer was b. 1828/9 in Boroughbridge - father William . He m. Elizabeth HAW in 1849 in Well. Children in Snape were John b. 1850 , William b. 1859 , Elizabeth Ann , my Ggrandmother b. 1860 , George , b. 1861 and Caroline b. 1862. A son Henry had died. He remarried Mary LAMBERT of Snape in 1870 and they had Lambert and Charles Thomas then moved to Grewelthorpe.

Found William in Great Fencote ( I think) in 1901 m. a widow Jane b. Leeming . George was in Newbottle on the 1901 census m. Mary b. Moorsley DUR. with Florence , Ann , Henry and George. Caroline m. Abraham EDEN and in 1901 was a widow in Fearby with Annie aged 11 and Percy aged 6 . John WILSON may be the one m. to Ann nee GATENEY b. Ferryhill on the 1881 census with children , John Henry aged 3 and Dorothy ( grandmother was Dorothy HAW) aged 1 .Charles Thos. was living with his family and parents in Grewelthorpe on the 1901 census but not sure about Lambert

Would appreciate any information on this family.
    Were your Wilson family of Suffolk or Yorkshire. Looking for a Wilson family of Snape Suffolk, no otgher details other than Samuel Wilson was suppose to b born Snape, he married Elizabeth Knight of Iken, Suffolk. Samuel would be the generaion before George if related.
    Edie

geniebuff57

Sorry I hadnt noted the other posts. I came by your post via a google search. Interestingly Samuels children were present in the Durham area when Samuels daughter Eliza was marrried in the Hartlepool area. We dont know why she was there. Other siblings were on the northeast coast at one time as well so maybe Samuels wilsons family could have come from the Yorksire Snape and not the Suffolk snape as not many wilsons in Snape at all. Does anyone have a Samuel wilson born Snape about c1790 or similar. This Samuel married in Iken Suffolk though.

Dorothy

Yes, I remember that you were in contact with me .Recently I heard from a descendant of Caroline who exchanged information with me. She found out that Lambert went to the USA and visited England with his wife. Later another member of the Lambert family moved to the USA, too.
    Dorothy

Dorothy

Yes, they definitely were from Snape

geniebuff57

Default Wilson Family of Snape/Suffolk or Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    Yes, they definitely were from Snape
    HI doroathy. I see your Wilson family are of the Yorkshire Snape and not the Suffolk Snape which is where I think my friends Wilson family came from. His wife cme from nearby at Iken so seems likely it would have to be Sanpe of suffolk. sorry. I should have noted Yorkshire in your posting.
    Geniebuff

Dorothy

Smile Yprkshire, for sure

No problem,Good luck with your Suffolk Snape Wilsons:-)
    Dorothy