squirrelnut

Question winfield widower

hi all,i am looking for joseph winfields first wife.he married my ancester ann branson in 1887 at all saints church nottingham,he was 24, lace maker,. she was20.on the certificate he is a widower.i really do not know how to search for first wife.Grateful for any thread.THANKS.

Astoria

Joseph Winfield Married Clara Webster Dec 1883 Nottingham 5b 528
    Clara Winfield died age 20 1885 in Nottingham 7b 150

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Very useful link
    Last edited by Astoria; 20-10-2008 at 9:58 PM. Reason: adding useful link

squirrelnut

thankyou astoria,blimey he didnt waste any time in mourning did he.

squirrelnut

just been on freebmd to look for children not found any .so thanks for the info on no1 wife.if it were not for you people i would be going round in circles.

Penny Gallo

Default Hi Squirrelnut

What sort of "lace-maker" was he? Have you looked at Sheila Mason's excellent "Nottingham Lace 1760-1950 Machine-Made Lace Industry in Notts, Derbys and Leics"? It's worth looking at in case your ancestor had a machine of his own within one of the smaller factories, or to find out more about the sub-divisions of the trade.
    Last edited by Penny Gallo; 20-10-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typed 1850 instead of 1950! Can't read own writing...

This sound familiar. I have a winfield who was a widower and remarried but was castle donnington, south of Nottingham. I'll get back to you. Are you still accessing this profile?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello matronjames and welcome.

If you click on the opening posters name you will see private message, if there is no e mail change hopefully you can make contact. Looking at the profile squirrelnut hasn't been on the forum for a while