dianne duncan

Default Taylor & Cromarty

Hi, I am researching a Margaret Taylor born 1811 orkney islands. Father was Magnus Taylor and Mother was Jean Cromarty.
    Anyone have information on these families.
    Dianne Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by dianne duncan View Post
    Hi, I am researching a Margaret Taylor born 1811 orkney islands. Father was Magnus Taylor and Mother was Jean Cromarty.
    Anyone have information on these families.
    Dianne Duncan

Dianne, it's unlikely that your family is related to the other one, and you're unlikely to attract people who know about Orkney genealogy if it stays attached to Jennifer's message, so I'm going to make a separate thread, and then move your message to the forum for Orkney, with a slightly more informative title.
    Lesley

dianne duncan

Default orkney forum

Hi Lesley, Can you guide me across to the Orkney section. I am getting lost and a bit confused.
    Dianne Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by dianne duncan View Post
    Hi Lesley, Can you guide me across to the Orkney section. I am getting lost and a bit confused.
    Dianne Duncan
    If you are reading this message, look at the top of the screen, to the left of where it says Welcome and tells you when you were last in. You'' see a list of "places". This is the route map of how to get here.
    When you come into BG, scroll down the front page until you find the dark blue bar with [County Forums....] on it. Click on that, and it should offer you a choice of England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and the Islands. Choose [Scotland], then scroll downuntil you come to Orkney. You'll see another post looking for Taylor.

Everyone gets lost at first! It's a (fairly) logical collection of headings and sub-headings which serves as a filing system. Of course all new messages are also seen on the [New Posts] page.

Shout if you still can't find it.
    Lesley