tjyuk

Default Looking for Baptisim of Kezia Moody

I am looking for the baptisim of Kezia Moody she married Enos Southwell 09/11/1828 in Mitchelmarsh Hampshire England & in the 1841/51 census returns staes she was from Sherfield English, however, I have been unable to locate her on any of my HGS disks.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards
    Tracey

MarkJ

There is a Kezia Moody on the IGI - details as regarding place of birth don't fit, but agewise it perhaps does.

Kezia Moody, born 22 May 1807, christened 14 June 1807 in Medmenham, Buckinghamshire.
    Parents Joseph and Hannah.

May be worth considering - it is an extracted record. No idea how close Medmenham is to Hampshire... If she moved perhaps when very young, she could have assumed she was born where she was living later in her life.

Mark

AnnB

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    There is a Kezia Moody on the IGI - details as regarding place of birth don't fit, but agewise it perhaps does.

Kezia Moody, born 22 May 1807, christened 14 June 1807 in Medmenham, Buckinghamshire.
    Parents Joseph and Hannah.

May be worth considering - it is an extracted record. No idea how close Medmenham is to Hampshire... If she moved perhaps when very young, she could have assumed she was born where she was living later in her life.

Mark
    The two parishes (Sherfied English and Medmenham) are about 50 miles apart.

Best wishes
    Ann

MarkJ

Cheers for that Ann

So it *could* be feasible for Kezias parents to move the 50 miles for work reasons for example, whilst she was tiny. Then she was brought up in Sherfield English, without knowing that she was born in Medmenham.

Tracey - do you know what Kezias parents were called? If you do, are they the same as those listed for the Kezia from the IGI?

Mark

tjyuk

Mark

Unfortunatley I have no idea what her parents were called. I only recently found her maiden name & have searched HRO for baptisims from Sherfield English with no luck, so this could be a possibility, due to the distance involved I may have to look at this in more depth.

Thanks to you both for your help.
    Tracey

tjyuk

Mark

I have located 2 siblings for Kezia from Medmenham, Buckingham, England, they are:
    Bufy 02/02/1805
    Moses 08/08/1802

I suppose I need to establish if these are also in Sherfield English or the surrounding regions to narrow down my search, however, it os looking very possible.

Kind regards
    Tracey