Yorkshire Lass

Wink Looking For Scaife Ancestors

Hi

I am looking for a link to my SCAIFE family.

Christopher Scaife born 1834 York (his father was James born approx 1805).

Children of Christopher were

William born 1859 born Tickhill, Yorkshire,
    Mary Jane 1861, born Tickhill,
    James T 1863,
    George H 1865, born Malton,
    Frederick 1867, born Tickhill,
    Clara 1870, born Berry Brow, and
    Winfrey (a boy) born Kirkburton in 1872.

Christopher, William, James, George and Frederick were all coachmen/grooms/domestics in large houses across the North of England.

I would be very pleased to hear from anyone who I could swap information with.

Regards from a Yorkshire Lass

Yorkshire Lass

Cool Looking For Scaife Ancestors

Hi

I am looking for a link to my SCAIFE family.

Christopher Scaife born 1834 York (his father was James born approx 1805).

Children of Christopher were

William born 1859 born Tickhill, Yorkshire,
    Mary Jane 1861, born Tickhill,
    James T 1863,
    George H 1865, born Malton,
    Frederick 1867, born Tickhill,
    Clara 1870, born Berry Brow, and
    Winfrey (a boy) born Kirkburton in 1872.

Christopher, William, James, George and Frederick were all coachmen/grooms/domestics in large houses across the North of England.

I would be very pleased to hear from anyone who I could swap information with.

Regards from a Yorkshire Lass[/QUOTE]

Cas60

Hi!
    Have you been in touch with the SCAIFE STUDY GROUP? They have lots of info!
    In the meantime, there's a possibility we could be distant relations. :-). I was originally born in Bridlington, Yorkshire, but now live in Australia!

My SCAIFE's come from around the Hunmanby area.
    My dad - MALCOLM SCAIFE was born 29/9/1936 & died in Billinghurt 8/2/1970 & is buried in Hunmanby cemetary (so I've been told).
    His mother is NORASCAIFE born 15/12/1915 in Bridlington & d1/7/2005. On 17/4/1943 she married GEORGE WATSON STORK b10/3/1910 at Thwing & d30/8/2002.

Nora's mother was MABEL ANNIE SCAIFE b20/12/1893 in Hunmanby. She was a witness at her daughter's wedding but at that time signed as Mabel Annie LAWTY.

Mabel's mother was MARY ELIZABETH SCAIFE b1878.
    Mary's parent's were JOHN SCAIFE & SARAH FRANKISH b4/2/1852. They married on 30/5/1868.
    Other children included:
    John Henry b1877
    George Robert b1883
    Walter Frederick b1892
    Francis Wilfred b1893
    Arthur Riley b1891 KIA 5/11/1914 (Gunner in Royal Field Artillery)

John SCAIFE's father was WILLIAM SCAIFE. ?His parents were William SCAFE & Ann NORBURY.
    Sarah's parent's were JOSEPH FRANKISH & MARTHA DOSDILL.

Feel free to contact me if you think there's a faint connection
    Carole

llifes

hello we are distant relations! my paternal family were Scaifes. My great nan was called Alice May Scaife her parents were Thomas and Ada. Thomas Scaife was the eldest child of Sarah frankish and john Scaife - Sarah and John had 13 children over a 25 year old period included in my tree are the relatives you describe including Arthur Riley. I would appriciate any info you have and I would like to help you maybe add to your research by including the Thomas Scaife branch - I have birth certificates and pics All lived and worked in hunmanby although my great gran moved to Easingwold Yorkshire and Im sure there is a link there too as there are lots of Scaifes in this area of Yorkshire
    Feel free to contact me
    regards Sharron

Quote Originally Posted by Cas60 View Post
    Hi!
    Have you been in touch with the SCAIFE STUDY GROUP? They have lots of info!
    In the meantime, there's a possibility we could be distant relations. :-). I was originally born in Bridlington, Yorkshire, but now live in Australia!

My SCAIFE's come from around the Hunmanby area.
    My dad - MALCOLM SCAIFE was born 29/9/1936 & died in Billinghurt 8/2/1970 & is buried in Hunmanby cemetary (so I've been told).
    His mother is NORASCAIFE born 15/12/1915 in Bridlington & d1/7/2005. On 17/4/1943 she married GEORGE WATSON STORK b10/3/1910 at Thwing & d30/8/2002.

Nora's mother was MABEL ANNIE SCAIFE b20/12/1893 in Hunmanby. She was a witness at her daughter's wedding but at that time signed as Mabel Annie LAWTY.

Mabel's mother was MARY ELIZABETH SCAIFE b1878.
    Mary's parent's were JOHN SCAIFE & SARAH FRANKISH b4/2/1852. They married on 30/5/1868.
    Other children included:
    John Henry b1877
    George Robert b1883
    Walter Frederick b1892
    Francis Wilfred b1893
    Arthur Riley b1891 KIA 5/11/1914 (Gunner in Royal Field Artillery)

John SCAIFE's father was WILLIAM SCAIFE. ?His parents were William SCAFE & Ann NORBURY.
    Sarah's parent's were JOSEPH FRANKISH & MARTHA DOSDILL.

Feel free to contact me if you think there's a faint connection
    Carole

Cas60

Hi Sharron!
    A relative!!! I'm soo excited I'm dancing on my chair!
    Seriously though I'd just about given up finding any living relatives no matter how distant they were!
    Would love to compare notes although i don't have much - too many immaculate conceptions down my line.

I'm coming back to the UK for a holiday at the end of this year & hope to do a little family connecting while there.

Feel free to email me directly if that's more convenient.
    I can be reached at

cas1960 AT bigpond DOT net DOT au

Looking forward to hearing from you

Carole
    Last edited by Procat; 25-02-2011 at 7:28 AM. Reason: Email edited against spammers

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Yorkshire Lass (if you're still checking this forum)

I am also related to James Scaife (b 1806?) (my 4th great grandfather) and his wife (Ann Crosby, b 1807?), and have Christopher Scaife on my family tree too (Christopher has a brother Thomas (b 1836), my 3rd great grandfather). I wondered if you had any more information by now as I have been unable to find reliable information about the father of James which has left me unable to connect our branch to any other Scaife's.

I can offer lots of information about the whole tree below James if you're interested.