Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

England -v- Germany, but I've given up - we're 2 - 0 down already! Make that 2 -1 - just heard Mr Jellylegs and half the street shout. I think it's me - a jinx - I daren't watch my own team cos when I do they lose. Blinking heck, 2 - 2, no, I think it's been dissalowed - oh blast - everyone is yelling that it was in.

Jellylegs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

William Whitlock born Bermondsey 1858 was my Great Grandfather and was one of three sons born to William Whitlock and his wife Selina.One census had William Selina and their infant son visiting a family in Ore whilst the older son a toddler stayed with Granny in London. Journeyman Tanner like his dad and his grandfather. I would be interested in any info about where the family originated from before their move to Bermondsey. Selina's family were from Northamptonshire so I wonder if the Whitlocks were also from that area.

Welcome to the British Genealogy forums nikki md.
    Unfortunately the original poster Thomasin is no longer a member of Brit-Gen and as we do not have any contact information for her we can't let her know you have replied to her post. What our members can do however is help in your quest to find the origins of the parents of William born 1858.
    The GRO index gives this birth registration for William with mother's maiden name Elliott
    Alfred William Whitlock mother's maiden name Elliott
    GRO Reference: 1858 December 1/4 registration district Saint Mary Magdalen Bermondsey Surrey vol 1d page 86
    So William used his middle name not Alfred.

Is it your tree on ancestry that takes the Whitlock line back to William Whitlock birth 1775 London death 1851 Bermondsey, Then his father Richard Whitlock birth Blissworth, Northants.

If you can be a little more specific as to what you are looking for it may stop us duplicating stuff you already have. Of course if you are wanting conformation of what you have we can do that. Our members do like a puzzle.
    Domestic duties call me for now.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Christina, Thank you for your welcome and reply. I have that Selina was born an Elliott but having no relatives surviving who are able to inform me I am pushing back one person at a time and looking around for clues and confirmation.
    richard? and elizabeth? are mere speculation at this point as there are so many Whitlocks in this area and I am surprised that there seems to be no naming pattern observed to these possible matches. The only entries I am very confident about are Selina’s maidenname and the Bermondsey birth events which follows information I was given before my mum died.
    Any help would be gratefully received!

Nikki md

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123