Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Procat

Hi Audrey,

that is actually an email address - not a web site.

Audrey Crook

Smile spellings

Hi Ann, you certainly have been a mine of information the last site (parish records) was brilliant I have spent hours on it and am still looking.

Regards Audrey.

Audrey Crook

Unhappy rookie

Sorry procat, I am still on up on the jargon for computers, What does URL mean.

Procat

Hi Audrey,

URL means Uniform Resource Locator.

Basically, all it means is the address where something can be found on the internet.

For example, the URL for the Brit Gen Forums is:

https://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/

whereas the URL for the UK National archives is:

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

An email address on the other hand is in the format of [email protected] - and given that is a fake address the spammers can copy it all they like.

You can see that they look completely different and clicking on an email address will not take you to an internet page. However, if you copy a URL into your browser address bar (at the top of the page) and hit the enter key you will be taken to an internet page.

Hope this helps - and that has just about exhausted my knowledge.

Audrey Crook

Hi Ann hope this time I have it right.https://sites.google.com/site/chidgeyassociation/

I had to open a free google account and I can now get on the site when I want to.

I also had to fill in an aplication form to join the Chidgeys.

Hope this is what you want if not if you get in touch with Kevin at the email address I gave you he will tell more.

Audrey Crook

Unhappy thanks

Thanks Procat it was very helpful, I wish computers were around when I was young, unfortunatly at my great age I forget more than I learn.

Procat

I think that forgetting is the prerogative of us all Audrey.

Audrey Crook

Default how far do you go.

Hi, I think I am getting carried away a bit but I dont know when to stop,

I have a relative Mary ann Searle 1824 Who married a David Parmenter late 1800s. I can trace his family forward to modern times to the presant day.

NOW that could put up to 50 people on my tree who I dont know if they should be there as I havent got the foggiest idea if they are long lost relatives or only Mary and David.

How do others draw the line PLEASE HELP.

Kevin Chidgey

Default Chidgey Family Association

H Doug,
    Yes we have launched a new web site but it is only open to members of the Association. It cannot be viewed by all. Audrey has become a member and therefore has access. You are welcome to become a member if you wish just email us or Audrey for an applcation form. Regards
    Kevin & Liz Chidgey

nippyblue

Hi Kevin and Liz
    Please would you repeat the process for joining the society. I have just canceled the payment I made via PayPal to the wrong address. It was someone else that told me the details but now I can't find the details of the joining process.
    Dennis Nicholas (Great Grandfather Capt Robert Nicholas 1860 who married Elizabeth Ann Chidgey)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast