Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibbert

Moonshine

Default Hibbert

trying to find out more about my great grand mothers family Hibbert - her father originally from Cowbridge near Cardiff William born around 1851 and that's all i know barr that they all turn up in the 1891 census Gwendolines was one of 12 children

hope someone out there has some links

elaine webb

Hi there,

I have found your family in the 1901 census William is a commission agent and charles a tin plate worker.

RG13 piece 5073 fol 158 page 25. They live at Richard St, Glamorgan.

Best wishes

Elaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    trying to find out more about my great grand mothers family Hibbert - her father originally from Cowbridge near Cardiff William born around 1851 and that's all i know barr that they all turn up in the 1891 census Gwendolines was one of 12 children

They're in the (free to use) 1881 census on the familysearch site.
    William G Hibbert age 31, born Cowbridge, clerk
    Wife Margaret age 30 from Taibach, Glamorgan
    And their first 5 children.
    All livingin Llanguick, Glamorgan.

I suggest that you take a look.

Lesley

Moonshine

Thanks Elaine knew about tem in 1901 just going backwards the challenge I think I've found him as a baby in 1851 with his mother and grandparents in Bridgend but was struggling with anywhere else.
    Thanks lesley I thought I'd well and truely trawled the 1881 census will go and have another look

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post

Hi I have the Hibbert's from Cowbridge going back to Walter b. 1790. It would be great to compare notes.
    Kind regards
    Geordielad70

Knowledgeable and helpful

GRO Index has the following birth registered.
    Hibbert, William Griffiths Sep Q 1849.Bridgend and Cowbridge. Mmn Griffiths
    1851. William, age 1, grandson, in household of Thomas and Mary Griffiths, High Street, Cowbridge, together with Margaret Hibbert, daughter, 21.

According to Family Search, he was baptised in Cowbridge on 21 September 1849. Parents Thomas Hibbert and Margaret. Address Aberavon. Occupation Grocer.

In 1861 Thomas Hibbert, 36, born Bridgend, Grocer and Draper, living with wife, Margaret, 31, born Cowbridge at High Street, Taibach, Margam, Ref RG09 4080/69. Page 43. (from Family search)

The names Thomas Hibbert and Margaret Griffiths appear on the same page Dec Q 1848 Bristol. Vol 11, page 209.

Thumbs up Thanks you are indeed a fountain of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by brentor boy View Post
    GRO Index has the following birth registered.
    Hibbert, William Griffiths Sep Q 1849.Bridgend and Cowbridge. Mmn Griffiths
    1851. William, age 1, grandson, in household of Thomas and Mary Griffiths, High Street, Cowbridge, together with Margaret Hibbert, daughter, 21.
    I have only just discovered this site and I have had great success so thanks again.
    Geordielad70

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast