buffylewis

Default mann/manns and geen and lloyd

I am researching Mann/Manns family from forest of dean gloucester and troedyrhiw merthyr tydfil also surname Geen troedyrhiw merthyr tydfil, if anyone has connection to these names please contact me...also david LLoyd b 1854 llanbadarn fynydd radnorshire,regards buffylewis

David Mann

Thumbs up MAN/MANN Forest of Dean

My father's family (MANN) lived in or near the FoD from at least 1575 until the late 1800s. Please let me know which ones you are interested in.
    David

buffylewis

Default mann

Hi David, we have been in contact before via fod site,I am still trying to find more info on Mann family, have found no connection of henry mann b 1814 to james mann b 1810 and charles mann b 1807, only the fact their parents were william mann b abt 1770.best regards liz

David Mann

Question James and Henry MANN

Thought there was something familiar about your post. Let me know what you think of the following:
    James MANN was with his parents William and Mary in the 1841 Census and aged 25 plus or minus 3. The 1861 census suggests he was born about 1811. Henry also a son of a William and Mary and born about 1814. No absolute proof but I believe they were brothers. Henry married his first cousin Christianna, the daughter of his uncle John.

buffylewis

Default mann

Hi David, I agree as to Henry being brother of James and Charles, as you say cannot be proven.
    IGI has..
    Charles christened 29 nov 1814 churcham with bulley
    James chr 30 sept 1810 "" " "
    Henry chr 31 july 1814 blakeney
    all with parents William and Mary, as yet I have not added Henry to my tree, should I.
    regards liz

David Mann

Hello Liz
    I think it's reasonable to add Henry particularly if you note that it's a "probable" link. I will have to go through it again because I havn't yet added Charles to my tree.
    regards
    david

buffylewis

Default mann family

Hi David, If you would like to see my tree send me a message via genes,there is a lot of James and Charles families on there, regards liz

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by buffylewis View Post
    Hi David, If you would like to see my tree send me a message via genes,there is a lot of James and Charles families on there, regards liz
    hi all..this looks like a thread that has been here a while! my Great grandmother was martha ann geen ,from troedyrhiw. also a decendant of the mann family

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Neil,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

You are correct - the thread has been here quite a while. So long in fact, that neither of the previous participants are still members of the forum. (As shown by the word 'guest' beneath their usernames.)

However active forum members are still available to help if you have any brickwalls which want knocking down, or general queries wanting an answer.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”