Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lucy boswell

bobby goat

Default lucy boswell

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE MY GG GRANDMA WAS ELIZA BOSWELL BORN 1816 BOLSOVER DERBYSHIRE , MOTHER LUCY BOSWELL .BUT NO MENTION OF FATHER .I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT COULD HAVE BEEN ELIJAH BOSWELL ACCORDING TO GYPSIOLIGIST ,BUT NO PROOF WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT CHECKING ALL THIS ,ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bobby goat View Post
    CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE MY GG GRANDMA WAS ELIZA BOSWELL BORN 1816 BOLSOVER DERBYSHIRE , MOTHER LUCY BOSWELL .BUT NO MENTION OF FATHER .I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT COULD HAVE BEEN ELIJAH BOSWELL ACCORDING TO GYPSIOLIGIST ,BUT NO PROOF WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT CHECKING ALL THIS ,ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS
    Hi

Found this in the IGI (Family Search)
    ELIZA BOSWELL
    Christening:
    27 MAY 1816 Bolsover, Derby, England
    Parents:
    Mother: LUCY BOSWELL

The only other place to look is the Parish Records of Bolsover, Derby but looking at this record I don't think you'll find out much more than this.

Sandy
    PS could not find a marriage for any Elijah Boswell in Derbyshire.
    Could not find anything at all for a Elijah Boswell in Derbyshire
    Could not find anything at all for a Lucy Boswell in Derbyshire
    Last edited by Sandyhall; 01-10-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: to add PS

bobby goat

Default lucy boswell

thanks for your help i think i have come to a bit of a dead end i have got some info on elijah like he was married 4 times but cant connected him with lucy thanks again for your time

A fountain of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby goat View Post
    thanks for your help i think i have come to a bit of a dead end i have got some info on elijah like he was married 4 times but cant connected him with lucy thanks again for your time
    Elijah Boswell was only born in 1798, he was having children much later than Lucy Boswell had Eliza.

However all is not lost. His father was also Elijah Boswell. He was married to an Elizabeth Smith. Its possible that he had a liason with this Lucy.

I would recomend you get in touch with Bob Dawson, he has written a book on the Boswell genealogy. He has thousands of romany records and lives in and has centred much of his work on Derbyshire.

bobby goat

Default lucy boswell

thanks for that i will keep looking and do some comparisons on both elijah,s if you can come up with anything else i will be thankfull by the way were did you get elijah,s parents from if it is not too much to ask

A fountain of knowledge.

From someone who noted his baptism. Only have the year tho, unfortunatly. It was at Newton In The Willows Northamptonshire.

bobby goat

Default lucy boswell

thank you very much you have been very kind and helpful

A fountain of knowledge.

Most welcome.

Funnily enough I just noticed something amongst my data.

Major Boswell c.1780 Bloxham Ox, married briefly one Lucy Boswell, 15.01.1798 Breedon On The Hill Leic. He later married Mary Linyan and had several children in the early 1800s.

Just a thought.....

A fountain of knowledge.

Oh and on the IGI

there is a Lucy Boswell c.01.03.1783 d/o Lewis & Anne at Floor, Northamptonshire.

and a Lucy Boswell m. Edward Buckland in 1815 at Knowle Warwicks. Possibly she baptised the child with her maiden name (such things are not unheard of).

bobby goat

Default lucy boswell

thanks agian that will keep me busy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast