Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lucy boswell

rawnybossie

Default major boswell

Hi i have been researching my family i think Anne 65 has helped me on another board , that major boswell is my gr gr gr gr grandad, he was married to lucy boswell first then later mary, im trying to find information about siblings and nephews , as i have the direct line from my grandad but dont know much about the siblings ,iv had a lot of help from various boards, but i realy should try and get old of birth/death certificates. Bobbygoat are you a boswell? we might be related if we are of this line

bobby goat

Default boswells

hi ,rawnybossie .reguarding major boswell my direct tree is my great grandma was callandine clayton nee booth /smith daughter of eliza boswell who was daughter of lucy boswell who i know very little about .thanks for your message bob

rawnybossie

i know major was first married to lucy , but i'll go through what information i have , as majors son thomas had a daughter called eliza so im wondering if he also had a sister named eliza also, i will check what i have , as elijah is a name in my family , my grandad had a brother elijah ,

rawnybossie

As far as i can find out , there are 2 eliza's one was born in or around 1834 and the other about 8 years later , so im not sure if either of them are your eliza ,might be a differant branch , but one was born in derbyshire the other staffordshire so it might be another branch of my family, i find anything els i'll let you know

bobby goat

Default boswells

i will study it and get back to you thanks bob

chaney999

Default Lucy boswell

Just to add a spanner to the works.

My g g g grandfather married Lucy Boswell. His name is Riley Boss, he had the following children to her.

Naomi born 1832
    Silvester born 1835
    Isaac Haggi Boss born 1836
    Elizabeth born 1837
    Moellus born 1839
    Nelson born 1840
    Samson born 1843

It maybe that he did have another child to lucy boswell. Hope this helps a little.

Riley did however have two further wives to my knowledge and had a total of 21 children.

bobby goat

i think we have different lucy's, i think and acording to other people my lucy was either wife? or daughter of elijha boswell, i am still trying to get my head round it all, perhaps one day i will get a little closer, thanks for your messages, regards bob.

pammy

Default boswell

Hi there, just thought I had to come into this conversation as my mum was born a boswell /turner manchester then become a evacuee, mother was turner. And I know how hard it is to find them because they were romanies they would of traveled around. It has taken me some time just for info from when my mum was born. I didn't even know she was a turner let alone a boswell till last yr. Life is strange and mum never really spoke of her young age except she did say we have romany gypsy in ower blood on her side which is all I had to go on on my birth certificate. Lol I could have a lot more family out there ya never know, found there was 8 of us not the four we knew about when I checked names on my certificate. Of course if I had seen the other names I would of brought it up to mum as she was poorly an from what I found had a sad life as a child too as lots did in ww2. Now if you find there is a doreen bowell/turner/shaw in your family do get back please (yes a mouth full she was adopted to the shaws in stoke-on-trent 1939-1940. Turner was her mum, boswell her dad an she had 2 sister's from what I can find so far ). I do hope you have success in your finds good luck gal. Regards pam

pammy

Default boswell

Quote Originally Posted by rawnybossie View Post
    Hi i have been researching my family i think Anne 65 has helped me on another board , that major boswell is my gr gr gr gr grandad, he was married to lucy boswell first then later mary, im trying to find information about siblings and nephews , as i have the direct line from my grandad but dont know much about the siblings ,iv had a lot of help from various boards, but i realy should try and get old of birth/death certificates. Bobbygoat are you a boswell? we might be related if we are of this line
    hya sorry just notice too that you have a eliza too in your family ,thing is mine may or may not of been where mum was brought up in stafordshire .was i dont know as new too all this an finding it hard to check things out as i have health problems an ccant stay on here for long .but do get back as i said if tthere is anything there or not .thank you take care .regards pam

chaney999

Hi Bobby goat

My g g grandfather Riley Boss / Boswell married Lucy Boswell and had numerous children. He also married two further women and had a total of 21 children to three women. I am led to believe that this lucy boswell emigrated to USA. I do have a bit of information on Lucy which I can share with you if you wish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast