my Great Granddad was Captain James HIGGINS 1842-1920, who came over from Cornwall, England with his wife, Sarah Jane nee Luke 1846-1936, c 1878, to run the Avoca mines. They lived in Tigroney House and produced 16/17 children. Second from last was my Granddad, Sydney Patrick Higgins, who married Ellen Johnson. They lived in Mill house, on the Glenart Estate and had 12 children, one of which was my Dad, Joel (Jim) James Higgins 1928- (still here).
I have tree on Ancestry that you are able to view FOC. My email address is in my profile.
- County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands.
- Ireland - Counties (Chapman Code - IRL)
- County Wicklow (Chapman Code - WIC)
- Wicklow county - wide forum
- HIGGINS JOHNSON AVOCA MINES
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: HIGGINS JOHNSON AVOCA MINES
30-09-2008, 10:27 AM #1Newcomer to Brit-Gen
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- peterborough, cambs, england
HIGGINS JOHNSON AVOCA MINES
Helping you trace your British Family History & British Genealogy.
All times are GMT. The time now is 1:52 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.