Thread: Digital Album

A fountain of knowledge

Default Digital Album

I would like to make up a dvd that has all the images from the old family photo albums to be passed to other family members.
    I don't envisage a slide show, but would rather be able to flick to the next image with a press of a button.
    Some of the oldies don't have computers.

Is this easy to achieve and what software is recommmended?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Chisel, I am a real novice at this, if you have a C.D. or DVD burner on your computer you can do all that just from pictures & Family files in your Documents or pictures folders.

I'm told..with rewritable discs which I'm using now, I can't play them on a DVD player until it's 'finalised' & I haven't done that yet..

Someone out there must know what I mean & maybe can explain it better. However 'all things are possible'

Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

gibo

Talking Images to go

Hi Guys,
    I have a bit of experience with this stuff. There are numerous ways of achieving a disk for use by "others" but one of the easiest would be to put all the image files onto a disk and also creating a slide show of same. This way many dvd players these days can play cds with jpg image files easily on their tv. If you add the slideshow they have an option of playing it on their computer just by double clicking on it. If they do have a pc they can also look at the images individually using their own software - depending on what they have - windows xp behaves differently to vista for example (but both handle this task well).

Only recent model dvd players handle playing jpg files on the tv (in last few years I guess). You dont need to do anything other than put disk into the player for a menu to appear - depends on the player. It usually works with a CD (not necessarily a DVD disk).

The only freebie software that I have found that creates a free standing slideshow is "IRFANVIEW" you can download it from most places.
    It has a pretty good help menu but basically you will find it best to have all the files in one folder to work with. Irfanview bulk processes them into one exe (excutable file) and you can even have different coloured background and optional music!

Remember the slide show is only optional and maybe best to see if relos can view your pics simply via a CD on their DVD player first! Good luck with it.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Sorta kinda what my Son said,but it took too long & I kept losing track between sneezes.

Thanks Gibo, I knew some-one would come forth.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

A fountain of knowledge

Cool will give it a go. I thought that maybe I would need special software.