Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Arma

Default Housdens

Hi Sarah

Below is the information I have so far about the Housden family tree, in connection with previous communications about William Housden.

HOUSDEN FAMILY TREE

George Housden b.1786, Cambs (Wrestlingworth?), agric lab, died between 1841 and 1851 census married Margaret (Peggy)…….. b.1786 or 1789, Guilden Morden, Herts – by 1851 census, a widow and laundress aged 62 and by 1861 census, may be the same one living at the New George pub in Hatley St George but age now given as 79?
    Their children:
    William Housden b.1813/1816, Wrestlingworth
    Richard Housden b1819/1820 Cambs
    Sarah Housden b1826 Cambs
    George Housden b1830/31/33 Cambs

Richard Housden b.1819/1820 Cambs m Susannah Peel b E Hatley 1823 = daughter Susan Housden

William Housden b.1813/1816, Wrestlingworth, agric lab m. Frances(Fanny) b.1813/1816 East Hatley
    Their children:
    James Housden b 1833 Hatley St George m Elizabeth b 1833
    Eady Housden b 1835 Hatley St George
    Richard Housden b.1838/9 Cambs?
    Frances (Ann) Housden b1839 Hatley St George
    David Housden by 1841 Hatley St George
    Warters Housden b 1844 Hatley St George
    Mark Housden b 1846 Hatley St George
    George Housden b 1847 Hatley St George
    William Housden b 1848/1851 Hatley St George
    Joseph Housden b 1850 Hatley St George
    Elizabeth Housden b 1852 Hatley St George
    Edmund Housden b 1857 Hatley St George

William Housden b 1848/1851 Hatley St George m (1873) Mary Ann Goats b 1853/54 and d…., then m (11 Feb 1881) Elizabeth (Lizzie) Wagstaff b Gamlingay 1858/9 and d 1912
    Their children:
    Arthur William (Zaccy) Housden (nee Wagstaff) b 1879
    Fanny Elizabeth Housden* b 20 October 1886 d 30 April 1950
    Beatrice Housden b 1888
    William (Willie later Bill) Housden b 1891
    David Housden (died aged about 2 years old)
    Edward David Housden (Ted) b 8 January 1893
    George Housden b 1897
    Alfred Housden b 1900

Arthur George William (Zaccy) Housden (nee Wagstaff) m Pat = children a girl who died, Herbert, Albert
    Fanny Elizabeth Housden b 20 October 1886 d 30 April 1950 m William Jakes (see below)
    Beat(rice) Housden b 1888 son Arthur (Cuggy) Housden (who m Elsie Cooper and had 5 daughters and 1 son), then Beat m Frederick Starr (killed in WWI)
    William (Willie later Bill) Housden b 1891 m Gertrude Wright = children Wilfred (Minnie), Peggy (who m Frank Swales)
    David (died aged about 2 years old)
    Edward David (Ted) b 8 January 1893 m Rose = children Edward, Dorothy (m Henry Hodge = son David Hodge), Kathleen (m Dora Gray = children Freda, Linda), Harry (m ? = one daughter), Marjorie, Eric, Cyril
    George b 1897 m Ada Brown = children Peter, Donald, Barbara and Pearl (d aged 2)
    Alfred b 1900 (died young, no more information at present)

Fanny Elizabeth Housden b 20 October 1886 d 30 April 1950 married (4 August 1905) William Jakes b Gamlingay 13 September 1883 and d 7 April 1959
    Their children:
    Lily and Frederick William Jakes (twins) b January 1906
    Miriam Fanny and Louie May (twins but LM died) b April – June 1907
    George Edward Jakes b Oct – Dec 1908 OR George Jakes b Jan – Mar 1910 died during childhood
    Herbert Jakes b April – June 1911
    Stanley Jakes b July – Sept 1913
    Alfred G Jakes b July – Sept 1915 died aged c. 7 years
    Gladys Rosina Jakes b July 1918
    Harold Jakes b Jan-Mar 1921
    Eileen and Ralph Jakes (twins) b 8 March 1924
    Cliff(ord) Jakes b October 1928

I'll send you some more pictures by e-mail as soon as I can find time to scan them - the pictures I've already sent came to me through a relative, who is another of William Housden's great grand-daughters.

Best wishes

Arma

ncikjhaq

Default Housden

Hi Sarah. Been reading your posts as I mentioned to you in my e-mail yesterday, and sad/glad to say that fortunately it seems that Arma has found your true line, so you aren't of the Biggleswade clan as we have been thinking for a while now, but well done!!
    My own strong personal gut feeling is that the Housden's of that area started out in Cambridgeshire and spread so I'm sure the Biggleswade/Potton Housden's are related beyond 1725ish which is as far as I've managed with my line. You only have to look at the photos of your Dad, Grandfather etc. to see the Housden look! So I'm 99.9% sure we are all linked back beyond as far as we can go at the moment.
    Also if Arma would be kind enough to send me the photos mentioned or you send them onto me if that's ok with Arma I'd be very grateful as I am building the Housden trees from the Cambridge/Hatley/Gransden/Biggleswade lines because I'm determined to link them all one day!

Speak soon

Nick

Arma

Hi Nick

I'm fine with Sarah forwarding any photos I've sent her. I haven't had time to do any more family tree 'searching' over the last few weeks / months, though hope to get back to it again sometime soon. Do you have any connections that you know of with the details I shared with Sarah?

Arma

ncikjhaq

Default Housden

Thanks Arma.

In answer to your question, as yet no. I've been to the Bedford Records Office twice in recent years, the Cambridge office, and the Huntingdon office and found many Housden's but all back to about the 1720's with no link as yet, I'll need to go back further, but where I don't know at this point.

It is very plain to see with photos that I've seen of Sarah's the distinct Housden look, so it is obvious to me that we are all related. I'll be working on this over the coming years!!

sarahsmurf

Hi Nick it's been ages since I've been on here with moving and other hectic things going on.

Which photo's are you on about, the ones Arma sent or I sent Arma? I'll go look see if the photo's are still sitting in my inbox/outbox on here while my brain's waking itself up it's slept since then

sarahsmurf

Default Housdens

Hi

I don't know if you are a paid member on findmypast but I had an e-mail about parish records now being on there so as usual put Williams name in, and the only one that it keeps picking up for a birth between 1848-1851 is a Charles William Housden. That baffles me as it maybe incomplete? and now drives me bonkers again as I know there were Williams born between that time frame as thats how I got mixed up but thats all that shows up when I put all areas to search.

ncikjhaq

Default Housden

Hi Sarah

It was the photos that Arma sent you that I was interested in, as you guessed when you sent them to me. Thanks for that!

I don't use find my past, I think that used to be called Census 1901 or something similar, so have no idea why you're coming up with that problem. Frustrating this family tree lark isn't it?!!!

Good Luck

Speak soon
    Nick

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Arma, The Ralph Jakes you mention in your posting was my grandfather. He died a few years back having spent the previous 30-40 years living near Wells in somerset. At least one of my (rather distant) cousins was still living in Gamlingay as of when my grandfather died. My grandmother Mary Jakes (nee webber) is currently living in Torquay.

at one time I collected quite a bit of the family tree but gave up (pre internet days) but my father went on to collect quite a bit and had it all stored in one of the genealogy applications. I'm not sure how far he went into the Jakes side of the family though.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsmurf View Post
    Hi

I don't know if you are a paid member on findmypast but I had an e-mail about parish records now being on there so as usual put Williams name in, and the only one that it keeps picking up for a birth between 1848-1851 is a Charles William Housden. That baffles me as it maybe incomplete? and now drives me bonkers again as I know there were Williams born between that time frame as thats how I got mixed up but thats all that shows up when I put all areas to search.
    Re. Find My Past have you checked the military/service record of Edward Housden, b. 1893, No. 28905?
    Also, the Biggleswade Chronicle and Bedfordshire Times are on line at FMP
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123