pajero

Default William Tulloch/ Janet Plenderleith

Hi Folks,
    I am trying to find out info on William Tulloch b 1867 in Prestonpans East Lothian .
    He Married Janet Plenderleith b 1870 in South Belton Dunbar in North Leith on the 19/08/1893 he had one daughter that I know of ( my Grandmother ) Marion Watson Tulloch b c1893 in Aberlady Midlothian
    I had no problems going backwards at all but going forwards from there date of marrage has come up blank that or I am doing it wrong which would not surprise me lol
    any infomation would help
    I have put this post in twice because of the countys involved
    all the best

Pajero

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Pajero,do you know if William & Janet survived to 1901?
    Checking Scotlands census the only Marion Tulloch near age (7) was an adopted Dtr. b.c1894 (Dirleton, Haddington) of Christina Stachine 38 & Henry Stachine 40.
    Reg.no.685/1 St.George..Edinburgh St.Stephen. Midlothian
    23 India Place
    h/sched. no 7 line 15.. Roll CSSCT1901_363

Separately I found a William & a Janet both servants at different places, ages about right.

Wendy

pajero

Hi Wendy, many thanks for your help I was told by my father that Marion Tulloch was an orphan but was a bit vague about details and I could find no proof at all so being adopted, so the Stacine family would fit in well and would be the best bet

thanks again

noel

Quote Originally Posted by pajero View Post
    Hi Wendy, many thanks for your help I was told by my father that Marion Tulloch was an orphan but was a bit vague about details and I could find no proof at all so being adopted, so the Stacine family would fit in well and would be the best bet

thanks again

noel
    These surnames are not very common, so they're quite easy to search.
    Scotlands People has a death certificate for Janet Lockhart Plenderleith, second surname Tulloch, at Aberlady in 1897, aged 27. If you want the other details, you'll have to get into SP - I don't have credits to spare. Among the things it'll tell you is whether or not her husband was still alive, and the cause of death. Of course, childbirth was a common killer in those days. Since you know when he was born, William T. should be almost as easy to find - SP has only 6 who were born in the year your was over the whole of Scotland. He might not have died young, it was also common for men suddenly left with sall children to either remarry fairly quickly, or to board the children out.
    While you're in SP, you can check the 1901 and see whether the borth parish of that child with the Stacines matches your girl.

Lesley

Mary Young

Marion Tulloch and her adoptive mother, CHRISTINA STACHINE, were both born in Dirleton - perhaps related?

pajero

Many thanks to you all for looking for me and sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have had a few days of work away from a computor I will go on scotlands people and have a look

thanks alot again

noel