juliah

Default valentine family tree

I am looking for the family of william hay valentine, his wife mary ann, married in fettercairn kincardine scotland on the 13th nov 1857.They had 3 children in scotland, jemina ewen, john rae and james alexander. (that i know of ) Robert william (my grandfather) was born 4th april 1878 at manuka creek south otago.It's george, david, adelaide, tomas and possibly 2 more children that i can't find anything about.Can anyone help?

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

If anyone can help with this family, before their arrival in New Zealand, please respond on the other thread about this family.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ht=fettercairn

Saves doubling up and confusion with replies
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 19-02-2022 at 3:06 AM. Reason: Wrong link to other thread corrected.
    ChristineR

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Juliah,

I am the 2xGreat Granddaughter of William Hay Valentine and have recently been doing a lot of research on this family, my great grandfather was James Alexander Valentine son of William and my grandmother was Jessie Ann Bain Valentine. Last week I was excited to be able to visit the grave of William Hay and his wife Mary Ann in the Northern Cemetery, not in great condition but in a lovely peaceful resting place.
    I am happy to share information with you. I live in the Dunedin area in New Zealand.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Beverley,

Welcome to British -Genealogy.

Unfortunately juliah is no longer a member of the forum (as denoted by the word 'guest' under her username) and as such we have no contact details for her.

However, there are two more recent posts (from Geoff and Vaughan) by people who are connected to William in the other thread, referred to by ChristineR, and I have taken the unusual step of copying your post to that thread.
    The link ChristineR gave was incorrect, but I have now given the correct one.

To save any further problems with people finding this thread and not the original one, I am going to close this thread.
    I will also confirm that further queries/posts about William Hay Valentine should be made in
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ree?highlight=

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”