Gordon S

Default Durham Crookshanks Marriage

Have tried to find more on marriage of Rodger Crookshanks and Harriet but no luck. Rodger born c1868 in South Shields. Married I suppose about 1905 +/-.
    Rodger's parents were James Crookshanks and Catherine Moffitt. Also marriage date of James Crookshanks (Rodgers older brother) and Helen Phillips, presumed married in Durham about early 1889. Grateful any help.
    Gordon

Procat

Hi Gordon,

Free BMD records:

Marriages March Quarter 1889

James Crookshanks South Shields 10a 843
    Helen Phillips South Shields 10a 843

Could not find Rodger. Is it possible they never married or perhaps did so outside England/Wales?

Hi,
    Don't know where Harriet fits in, but this has got to be yor man,
    March 1893 South Shields vol. 10 p.891 Roger Moffett Cruikshanks. The 2 possible brides on the same page are Agnes Mackin and Annie Isabella Smith.
    Angela
    Last edited by Angelaj; 10-09-2008 at 1:48 PM. Reason: add surname

Gordon S

Default Thanks

Thanks for help. Rodger (Spelling) but Roger Moffett Cruickshanks fits. Moffitt is mothers maiden name. Will do some purchasing of Certificates to verify.
    Gordon

Procat

Well done Angela,

I only looked 10 years either side of 1905.

Gordon S

Default Rodger Cruickshanks - Marriage

I guess the only way to sort out these two women is by marriage Certificates?
    I'm coming to UK London (and Edinburgh) in November. Is is it cheaper to get or see the records in person from GRO in Kew? Their website looks very formal and 'British' for an antipodean! I have a few other records that might take up a wet afternoon there. Anyone got any tips for getting through the processes?
    Gordon