Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ValBotica

Wink annie maria king

Was our Annie Maria born in Tasmania. We believed she was from England but searching has been difficult. We were of the understanding her parent/or grandparent was a doctor but have found a brick wall. On her 2nd marriage certificate it shows she was married to a George Hopcroft.Where did they marry

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Without possible birth dates this becoms rather impossible where ever she was born.

Wendy

ValBotica

Smile

wENDYThank you for your response.

We always thought she was born in England around 1825 We cannot find her there and do not know her parents name. Through the generations it has been said that her family were doctors and that there was money in Chancery although we have not found anything along that line. That is why I wondered if she was born in Australia,

Hugh Thompson

Question Hanna,Annie?

Found these at NSW BDM,nothing really matching unless Hanna shortened to Anna ??regards Hugh.
    Births,NSW
    V18238653 1C/1823 KING MARIA THOMAS MARY
    V1828962 128/1828 KING MARIA JOHN ELIZABETH...no location given
    marriages NSW
    1537/1859 BODDINGTON HENRY KING HANNAH MARIA .....BRAIDWOOD

ValBotica

Default anni maria

Hugh,
    Many thanks for your input. I do think she s Annie Maria as shown on her second marriage to Allpress Catlin in Tasmania. Her first marriage was to George Hopcroft. She is proving very hard to find
    Thanks

Val

Hugh Thompson

Question Annie Marie

Hi Val,was King definitely annie's maiden name or her surname at the time of her wedding? regards Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ValBotica View Post
    Was our Annie Maria born in Tasmania. We believed she was from England but searching has been difficult. We were of the understanding her parent/or grandparent was a doctor but have found a brick wall. On her 2nd marriage certificate it shows she was married to a George Hopcroft.Where did they marry

A lot of people use "England" when they mean "Britain". Have you considered looking in the other countries that make up Great Britain?

When is the earliest that she could have arrived in Oz? Could she have still been in the UK for one of the censuses?

Especially with these difficult ones, it's always a good idea to help us to help you by providing as much info as you can, it doesn't hurt to say "I'm guessing that she was born then/there", if that's all you have - it gives possible geographic and time frames.
    Lesley

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

another thread on this subject, save going over old ground

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...=hopcroft+king

We always thought she was born in England around 1825 We cannot find her there and do not know her parents name.
    If she was born before civil registration, and you do not have a place to look, then it will be impossible to find her in England. What you mean to say is that she cannot be found in England by using internet resources.

Have you compared notes with the other poster asking about the King / Hopcroft connection - just put those two names in the search box up top and you will find the thread.

ChristineR

ValBotica

Default annie maria

Hello Christine,
    thank you for your input.

On annie and allpress catlins marriage certificate on the 4 april 1870 she is shown as rank widow and her name appears as Annie Maria Hopcroft/Hopcraft. On the birth of their son John Allpress Catlin 8.9.1870Annie is shown as Ann -nee King

I have found an Annie King daughter of Robert and Ann christening 23 May 1830 Horley Surrey England . Maybe this is our annie as our her death certificate in 1898 shows that she was 68years.

These are all the dates I have - maybe of some use.

regards
    Val

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ValBotica View Post
    I have found an Annie King daughter of Robert and Ann christening 23 May 1830 Horley Surrey England . Maybe this is our annie as our her death certificate in 1898 shows that she was 68years.

These are all the dates I have - maybe of some use.

regards
    Val
    Info from 1841 census
    Robert and Ann King were not born in Surrey, they appear to have a large family all born Surrey. Ann shows as 10 years old. Robert is a farmer at Horley.
    1851 census
    Annie aged 20 is still living at home on Dean Farm. Her father has died, mother was born Sussex. Annie does not have an occupation.
    She has married, died or moved by the 1861 census. I did not check to see who was living at Dean farm.
    ChristineR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast