cimbrio

Default Morris (Herefordshire)

Hello all, this is my very first message here, but I hope I'll find lots of information. One of my ancestors (my father's grandmother's grandfather) was Samuel Cartwright Morris, born in 1823 in Kington (Herefordshire); he was the son of Samuel Morris (1789, Hereford) and Anne (née Derry (christened in 1794 in Kimbolton). He married in 1848 in Weobley a Ellen Mound (born 1826 in Wormsley) and had several children and many descendants. Would anyone provide me with any more information about the Morris family? He also had several siblings.

Thanks!
    Daniel
    Last edited by Jan1954; 03-09-2008 at 9:39 PM. Reason: Email removed to try to foil the spammers

Chwarae Teg

Hello Daniel,
    Sorry I am late with this reply, but I have only just found you Hope you are doing well with your research.
    I have only a teensy little bit of information about someone called Morris, and it it only an invoice for work done for them by my ancestors around 1880 - 1938....
    There is an EE Morris from Great Brampton ,
    Mr WILLIAM MORRIS from Dorstone and
    Mr HENRY MORRIS from Shenmore, Madley.
    If you think one of them may be one of your family, I am happy to find out what work was done for them and at what price !
    ( such as hire of horses or haymaking, delivering timber or cider making etc etc ) scan a copy if you like ...
    Not to worry, all the bills have been paid so there's nothing owing ;-)

Super Moderator

Daniel - do you have any census returns? I found the family on the 1861 so far but don't want to give you the details if you already have the info.