Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Orielbenfro

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzerman View Post
    Orielbenfro,We just need to now prove that Naomi is my sister in laws grandad's mum
    I do not quite follow what you are asking?? There is only ever one Naomi Oriel, best I just leave you to research as you see fit.

Gd Hunting
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro

SarahJones1973

Hello Orielbenfro,
    I'm not sure where to start.. I stumbled across these posts while I was searching for family history and I have discovered that you seem to have done all the hard work and have all the relevant information.
    I am the great-granddaughter of Elizabeth Cecelia Oriel [aka Cecelia ann oriel or sissy Orial] and her sister Cordelia ann Oriel [aka Cornelia and sometimes Cornelian??] is my great-great aunt.
    Cecelia married William Jones and had my grandfather Ernest Jones [and another I think] and then Ernie and Mona [Monica Smith] had Alan [my father] John and Norman [died as baby].
    Cordelia Oriel comes up in the 1911 census as living in Paddington as the Prince of Liechenstein's kitchen maid...she boards the Olympia for New York in 1920....
    Anyway ,I'm sure you already know all of this but I thought you might like to know who we are and I wondered whether you would be able to share all your years of information that you have accumulated on the Oriels.
    Many thanks
    sarah Jones

roriel

This is really fascinating. I was bought ancestry.co.uk membership for Christmas and have researched my ancestors back to about 1700. I always know they were from Pembrokeshire and also were involved with Caldy Island. I have got as far back as Thomas Oriel who was born in approx 1700 in Tenby. He I think was my 7th Great Grandfather. I know my Great Grandfather was a Baptist Mister in The Mumbles, Benjamin Oriel. He was born in 1866 and died in 1936. My father often talked about him. Anything else you can share with me I would be most grateful as I am very new to this ! Many thanks Richard Oriel

Orielbenfro

Quote Originally Posted by roriel View Post
    This is really fascinating. I was bought ancestry.co.uk membership for Christmas and have researched my ancestors back to about 1700. I always know they were from Pembrokeshire and also were involved with Caldy Island. I have got as far back as Thomas Oriel who was born in approx 1700 in Tenby. He I think was my 7th Great Grandfather. I know my Great Grandfather was a Baptist Mister in The Mumbles, Benjamin Oriel. He was born in 1866 and died in 1936. My father often talked about him. Anything else you can share with me I would be most grateful as I am very new to this ! Many thanks Richard Oriel
    I have a photo of Benjamin in my photo archive, however I am suffering from Terminal Cancer and not sure when (or if) I can get the photo to you if you are interested. I also think I have some photo's of people related to him, but until I can get out of Cancer Ward Hospital, I can not be of assistance. I presume you have the photo of the Oriel lady who was the 1st headmistress in the Mumbles.
    Rgds
    Owen V.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12