bebbajohn

Default GUEST m. HINDLEY

Hello!

I am looking for information regarding Margaret Guest (b@ 1806, Worsley, Lancashire, England) who married John Hindley (b@ 1807, Worsley, Lancashire, England) in 1836 in Deane, Lancashire, England.

Children:
    Mary Guest (b@ 1837)
    Elizabeth (b@ 1839)
    Jane Hampton (b@ 1842) (my 3x great grandmother)
    John W.G. (b@ 1846)
    All children were born in Tyldesley England

I have the marriage certificate for daughter Jane who married my 3x great grandfather Albert James Jones. I am trying to solidify this line of research.

Any direction in greatly appreciated. Thanks for all!

Debra Jones Strezenec

Mutley

Hello Debra.

Please could you let us know exactly what information you have.

Do you have her in the census?

Are you looking for her death?
    There are a huge amount of deaths for a Margaret Hindley in Lancashire after 1846. Can we narrow down the search to after Jane's marriage?

bebbajohn

Thanks for the response.

Census information:
    Albert James and Jane - the 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1881 England Census. I know they immigrated to the US about 1887 (not confirmed). I show their children as William Henry
    (b. 1876, Middlesex, d. Queens, NY), Alfred James (b. 1874, Manchester), Mary Alice (b. 1879, Dublin, Ireland), Edward (b. 1872, Manchester) and Ernest Mark (b. 1884, Devon, d, Brooklyn, NY). I have information from the US 1900 and 1910 census.

The marriage certificate states that John Hindley was deceased at the time of the 1869 marriage. Jane's brother John stood as a witness for her and Albert James' father Albert Nutting Jones as the other.

Census information:
    John and Margaret Hindley - 1841 and 1851 England Census for both, 1861 for Margaret listed as a widow.

I have no marriage information, etc. or other family members to track back to for John and Margaret. Thus the great quest. Finding other family members can help in the rounding out of the family.

Thanks for the help! Have a great day!

Debra

Mutley

Looking at the deaths on Free BMD there are some possibles but I don't know Lancashire so I cannot tell how near they are to her in 1861.

(no ages are given prior to 1866)
    Margaret registered June 1865 Warrington, 8c/112
    Margaret, Jane Sep 1865 Chorlton, 8c/433
    Margaret, March 1869 age 61 at Leigh, 8c/190

bebbajohn

Default Hindley

Thanks for the reply..... and for the late response!
    Will check out LDS films and see what I can find. Thanks!