Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Pavane

There is now a facebook site for the family to which the family of Jean Morin belong

Descendants of Jehan Chappuzeau 1520

Pavane

More about this family.

Catherine Filleau was born in 1643, when Gilles was only 9, and was therefore not his daughter, but his sister.
    The mother of Gilles Filleau des Billettes, described as being from a noble family of Poitou, was Françoise Béliard.

Simon Filleau was one of the (original) four Messagers from Poitiers to Paris in the 1540s, together with Jehan Chappuzeau. He or his father may have come from Orleans, according to one account.

It looks like Simon had at least two sons, Maturin and Jean.
    Jean was the ancestor of the genealogist Henri Filleau.

Maturin married Marguerite Chappuzeau.
    Their son Nicolas was the father of Gilles. Nicolas married Françoise Béliard before 1630.
    See "Nobiliaire universel de France ou recueil général des généalogies historiques des maisons nobles de ce royaume", Nicolas Viton de Saint-Allais, 1817, p 392

Marie Filleau, daughter of Nicolas, was godmather in 1656, so must have been 21 by then

Françoise Filleau, one sister of Gilles, was godmather in 1653, therefore was born before 1631, and was probably the first child of Nicolas. She married Jean de la Land, seigneur de Lavau, siegneur de Saint Etienne in 1665.There were descendants from this marriage.

See https://geneah.e-monsite.com/pages/ge...vienne-86.html

Joseph [de la MOSNERIE] baptisé en Ste Radegonde de Poitiers le 28 mai 1653, parrain Joseph de la MOSNERIE, écuyer, Sieur de Saint Martin fils de Martial de la MOSNERIE, écuyer, Seigneur de la Villette, et marraine Delle Françoise FILLEAU, Fille de Mr Nicolas FILLEAU, receveur des Tailles.

f) Marie [de la MOSNERIE] baptisée le 31 juillet 1656 en la paroisse de Ste Radegonde de Poitiers, parrain Guillaume MAULNY, Sieur de la Touche, Conseiller du Roi, Receveur des Tailles de Saint Maixent et marraine Delle Marie FILLEAU fille de Mr FILLEAU, Sieur de la Boucherie, avocat du Roi au Présidial.

johndrelaud

Are you still looking for the name Fradin as I may have a link for you. I also notice the name Perrochon (excuse me if the spelling is incorrect) is mentioned is this name being researched.

PaulWi62

To: Johndrelaud

Yes. I would be interested in the link. I know some Fradins passed through Jersey, but am not clear whether they were living there or in transit between France/ England.

PaulWi62

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Johndrelaud

Yes please I would be very interested in the info you have on the Fradin family.

I have found Francis Fradin in several London lad tax records from 1760 to 1799 in Bethnal Green and Stepney.

Ben

Clifjade

For two years now I have been researching a Huguenot BERTHON Family Tree which includes many of the Surname I have note in this discussion. A great source of information on Huguenot roots is the free website geneanet, which predominately has many Trees researched by French and European genealogists, many sourcing original Parish Records and Documents.

I also use a specific search engine 'randymajors.com' to search the wen for information on each individual and the results so often areworth the time trawling the web.

- Clifjade ( London)

Reputation beyond repute

Anyone in London, or who can get to London, may like to be aware of...

The Huguenot Library - https://www.huguenotsociety.org.uk/l...e-library.html

The London Metropolitan Archives' collection of Huguenot Society of London collection - https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/thin...blications.pdf plus many other volumes on the open shelves

The Society of Genealogists - https://s10312uk.eos-intl.eu/S10312UK...se.aspx?txtSea

Sorry for the late reply Peter, thanks for the links. I shall certainly try out The Huguenot Library next time I am in London.

The more records you check the more likely you are to find what you want if you know the surnames and first names.

Shame that Richard and Paul seem to no longer be on the forum as I found an abjuration in late June 1752 at La Rochelle of a Francois Fradin of Moncoutant, son of Francois Fradin and Catherine (Nee Blase).

If they are tagged as "Guest", they are no longer members. Data protection legislation does not allow us to retain their contact info. Thank you for trying, you never know - they may find it during a web search.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617