Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Patriciaf

Default Coatsworth Family

Hi

Does anybody have any information about the Coatsworth family? Thomas Coatsworth married Mary Ann Briggs on 29th August 1816 at Holy Trinity, Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding. They lived in Sculcoates. I think Thomas was born around 1791, according to the 1841 census Thomas was a collector of Taxes and was not born in Yorkshire, but Mary Anne Briggs was born in Yorkshire.

Regards
    Patricia

chasdobie

Default Coatsworth family

Patricia,

Yes, I have extensive information, almost all of it from the wonderful book "The Descendants of Thomas Coatsworth and Mary Bainbridge", which details a huge number of their descandants starting around 1660. This family is from around Middleton-in-Teesdale area in Durham. Unfortunately I've loaned my copy of the book to Tony Coatsworth in England (I'm in Canada) but I'm sure he will be glad to point you to your direct ancestors if you give him more info about your immediate family. His email is [email protected].

Tony is transcribing the book into his genealogy programme, while I've only "done" my direct ancestors. My g-g-great grandfather was Joshua Coatsworth who was a lead miner and he emigrated to the USA in the early 1830's. He married in Virginia, then moved with his family first to Missouri and then up to Bruce Mines, Ontario, all the time being involved in mining in some way.

Good luck, Charles Coatt your immediate family. His email is [email protected].

Tony is transcribing the book into his genealogy programme, while I've only "done" my direct ancestors. My g-g-great grandfather was Joshua Coatsworth who was a lead miner and he emigrated to the USA in the early 1830's. He married in Virginia, then moved with his family first to Missouri and then up to Bruce Mines, Ontario, all the time being involved in mining in some way.

Good luck, Charles Coatsworth Dobie.

Patriciaf

Default Coatsworths

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your reply and information. I'll get in touch with Tony, and give him the information I know and see if he can help. I think there must be a link, Coatsworth is not a very common name. Thank you again for your help.

Regards
    Patricia

PhilA

Thumbs up Coatsworth Holy Trinity

Dear Patricia,
    The entry below is the only entry in the 1851 census for Holy Trinity or Sculcoates and must be i think the son of your Thomas,

HO107/2362/f411v/Page 27, 1, Pell Mill Court, Holy Trinity, Hull.
    Thomas Coatsworth head marr 35yrs Shoemaker,
    Eliza Coatesworth wife age 30yrs.
    Mary An Coatsworth daur age 10yrs,
    William Coatsworth son age 5yrs,
    Thomas Coatsworth son age 3mths? all above born Hull.

The only marriage for a Thomas in Hull is to Mary Ann Briggs, Drypool 05/09/1815. There are no other entries in Sculcoates to 1837 for this name.
    Hope this is of some help,
    Phil A.

PhilA

Default Coatsworth Family - Hull

Dear Patricia,
    I have found 2 entries in Holy Trinity 1901 census for a John Coatsworth & Family and Thomas H Coatsworth & Family do you want details of these or have you already got them,
    regards,
    Phil A.

Patriciaf

Default Coatsworths

Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for your reply regarding the Coatsworths. The marriage you mentioned to Mary Ann Briggs must be my family. I think you are right too about Thomas Coatsworth, the shoemaker, that is really interesting. From my records I thought there was a son named Thomas born around 1816/17. I wondered if Thomas, the father, had come from Lincoln or possibly Durham. My great great grandfather was Henry Coatsworth, who would have been a brother of Thomas, the shoemaker. Henry was born in 1835 in Drypool, Sculcoates.

You mentioned a John Coatsworth and family and Thomas H Coatsworth and family on the 1901 census. Yes, I would love to have details of these, I don't already have them.

Henry Coatworth moved over to Manchester and married Emma Consterdine in 1862. Since you didn't find any other Coatsworths for Sculcoates, I wonder if he left Yorkshire quite a while before he got married.

Thank you so much for the information on Thomas and Eliza. I have reached a full stop with Thomas and Mary Ann and am not sure how to get any further back with them.

Thanks again.
    Regards
    Patricia

coatswj2

Default Coatsworths

Not sure if its relevant but I have traced my fathers family back to N Yorkshire in the 1830's. They were all agricultural workers and lived in the villages to the south of the River Tees. Low Worsall, Ormesby, Kirklevington near Yarm.

owenrde

The Coatsworth family lived next door to me on Low Worsall Village Green until the 1960s.
    Stories available.
    The current ocupant knows about the family and I can pass on your post mail address or phone number if you want them to contact you.
    Use my e-mail.

coatsworth_tj

Default buxton.....

theres my family in chapel-en-le-frith near buxton, my grandad (noel coatsworth) said all his family come from hull. i dont know the full story with him but he was abandoned at birth so maybe theres a missing link there???

Patriciaf

Default Coatsworths from Hull

Hi

I've traced my Coatsworths back to Hull, back to 1791. Do you know who your grandfather's parents were?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast