Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    coatsworth_tj

I dont know, my grandfather was abandoned at birth, im not entireley sure he ever met his parents but they were definitley from east yorkshire, i will ask him and get back to you.......

MollyTurner

Default Coatsworths in Kent

I don't want to confuse things, but my grandmother was Harriet Coatsworth, her father Alfred ran a pub in Maidstone, Kent, where she was born in 1886. Anyone with links to them, please get in touch.

Molly

JeffCoatsworth

Default Coatsworths From Hull

Hi Patricia,

If you'd be willing to share, I'd love to see what you've got in your Coatsworth database. I've digitized most of Eva M. Coatsworth's "The Descendants of Thomas Coatsworth and Mary Bainbridge" and posted it on my website: www.coatsworth.ca
    It would be interesting to see if we could link your data up with mine - it goes back to 1666 right now. If you're interested, please contact me through the e-mail address on the site.

Jeff Coatsworth

william141961

Does anyone know anything about the Coatsworth family in County Kildare? My ancestor Mary Anne Coatsworth married James Fay in Kilcullen in 1832. There were also James, John, Ellen, Francis, William, and Bridget. They seem to be one of the only Coatsworth families in Ireland. Any help will be appreciated. Please e-mail to lithirish AT aol DOT com.
    Last edited by Jan1954; 08-08-2010 at 7:53 PM. Reason: Email address edited against spammers

MollyTurner

Sorry William, all the Coatsworths I know about are from Kent, and I never heard of an Irish connection. I will keep it in mind though, in case I missed someone. Do you know who Mary Ann's parents were?
    I can't link my family to the Yorkshire Coatsworths either. Perhaps the surname was more common than we thought and turns up in unconnected families all over the country. Good luck with it,

william141961

Default Irish Coatsworths

Other than Mary Ann the other Irish Coatsworths I mentioned in my previous posts appear to be the children of James & Bridget Coatsworth of Kilcullen so I assumed she must also be a daughter since I can find no other families. There is also a listing for a Bamford Coatsworth who died in Kilcullen, County Kildare in 1813.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    mid-north coast New South Wales, Australia

My Coatsworth family goes back to Joseph Coatsworth b.1750 marr 1771 Tamar Kidd
    child 1 Joseph b.1772 marr 1801 Abigail Rumney, their 6th child was Hannah Coatsworth who married 1837 Michael Rutherford, his 3rd child was Margaret Rutherford marr 1861 William Robson. Margaret & William Robson came to Victoria in Australia where William Robson died in 1865 in a gold mining cave-in (he was my mother's grandfather). Margaret Rutherford/Robson then married George Gardiner (also from Durham)witness at their marriage was Joseph Coatsworth (g.grandson of Joseph Coatsworth & Tamar Kidd who married in 1771. Quite a few young people from Durham came to Australia in the mid-1800's including a few Coatsworths.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi. Were the Coatsworth that lived next door to you in Low Worsall by any chance Thomas and Edith? And their children were Nancy and Stanley? Nancy Coatsworth was my grandmother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12