I'm interested in finding other people also searching the Lynch or Ó Loinsigh family in Cork particularly.
My husband's family live in an East Cork fishing village called Ballycotton and there is a rock off the coast called Carraig Loinsigh (apologies for spelling) where legend has it the Ó Loinsigh's shipwrecked there and then came to settle in East Cork, (supposidely from Galway as one of the 14 tribes).
At this stage our research is rather scarce dating back to my husbands great grandfather Jeremiah Lynch (baptised around 1874) who married Bridgit Walsh but not sure what year. We have found a lot of Lynchs on the indexes on the Irish Family History Foundation which are online, but have yet to make a connection. There has only been the "one" family of Lynchs in Ballycotton for ages, so hopefully this will only be a matter of time! I have also found derivatives of Lynch in the Ballycotton area (Jeremiah Linchy 1793 Marriage Cloyne and Thomas Linch 1797 Marriage Cloyne) which is exciting to think that we could go back that far. But, I'm getting ahead of myself!! Is anyone else searching about the Lynch family and if so, what have you found? I'm interested to hear different strategies for tackling Irish records also.....
Cheers,
Summer.