Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Orielbenfro

Default FREE - lookup of P.R.'s, Index's, Borough Acc

I am quite prepared to do look-ups for free of the following;

The Parish Registers of Pembroke St Mary. Index of all Bapt / Mrge and Burial 1711 to Circa 1950.

The Parish Registers of Pembroke St Michael. Index of all Bapt / Mrge and Burial 1711 to Circa 1950.

The Parish Registers of Monkton St Nicholas. Index of all Bapt / Mrge and Burial 1711 to 1744

The Parish Registers of Stackpole Elidor. Index of all Bapt / Mrge and Burial 1711 to Circa 1950. (More info than is on the net)

Burgesses of Pembroke Borough 1678 to 2006. Approx 12,000 names both UK and overseas.

Headstones of Pembroke St Michael churchyard.

All names, places relationships, witnesses, & executors etc., for the following parishes shown in the E.C.C. Wills of St David’s 1600 – 1858
    Pembroke 1600 – 1700 only, project on going
    Manobier 1600 – 1858
    Lamphey 1600 – 1858
    Rhoscrowther 1600 – 1858
    Kiffig 1600 – 1858
    Crunwear 1600 – 1858
    St Issells 1600 – 1858
    Ludchurch 1600 – 1858
    Marros 1600 – 1858

Pembs Borough Account Books 1770 to 1789, 1811 to 1820 and 1824 to 1835, with name index, subjects include the Pembroke Gaol, Public Punishment Stocks, named apprentices and parish relief, lease of borough land and property, payments to named trades people of both Monkton & Pembroke

Pembs Borough Minutes 1678 to 1763 and 1763 to 1813, transcribed extracts of interest, such as named persons bound over to keep the peace, problems with football in main street, many local named persons, raising of taxes, letters to the king following the assassination attempt. Bailiffs, Juror’s, Sgt’s at Arms, and constables of the wards. Contributions list by townfolk to the king for 30 ships of the line (Men of War).

Index of Military related headstones from Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire borders. Approx 1,100 photographed headstones and research covering period 1745 - 2006

35 years of research into the surname ORIEL and related families in Pembrokeshire 1400-2006.

So if you think I can help it will cost you the price of an email and I will do what I can to assist.

Rgds
    Orielbenfro
    ORIEL a welsh window on a surname

pipsqueak

That's enormously kind and generous of you! I'm only sorry that your resources don't appear to stretch to northern Pembrokeshire but I'm sure your help will be valuable to many others.

Orielbenfro

Default Research in the north

Give me a hint - you never know your luck.
    Rgds
    Owen V.

pipsqueak

Letterston Parish Church (hint, hint!)

Orielbenfro

You said Letterston Parish Church

I was thinking more along the lines of names dates and events.

Rgds
    Orielbenfro

Jillychris

Thank you for your kind offer.

My William Thomas WARREY (maiden name) married Sarah DAVIES in The Parish Church of St Michael, Pembroke on the 20th February 1875 this is from the Marriage Certificate.

William was a sailor which is how, I assume, he met and married Sarah as he came from Devonport in Devon.

Sarah was born about 1848 in Pembroke (I think I found her in the Census with Father George and Mother Margaret but not sure) her Father's name was George and his occupation was a labourer is it possible to find her baptism and any siblings?

Story from another WARREY researcher (her Grandmother was a WARREY and the Daughter of William) William's first Wife (Sarah) died during or after giving birth to a Child. I have searched the registers for a death of Sarah and a Child but have found nothing. If it is possible to look a bit further on than 1875 to see if you can find her and her Child's Burial I would be eternally grateful. She may not have died in Pembroke I have kept my mind open but still not found anything.

William married again in London.

Thank you once again and please do not go to too much trouble with the Burial as I said she may not have died in Pembroke.

Regards
    Jill

pipsqueak

Sorry, I misunderstood

Here are two names - I hope I'm on the right tack now:

1. Levi Edward Williams, weaver, of Shipping [Farm], Gelli; Llawhaden Parish and Lampeter Velfrey/Narberth. Lived 1839-1902 Thought to have written poems and /or stories which were published in Pembrokeshire newspapers, under the name of Gwilym (sp?) Dyfed. Looking for anything relating to his life/death. (I already have the census information from 1841-1901.)

2. Gwillim Howel/l/s, born New Inn, Pembs, 6 May 1879. Probably illigitimate. Father known to be John Howel/Howell/Howells but I'd like to find out who the mother was. John and his family lived in the Fishguard area at Brw-y-nant (and all its various spellings), Manorowen. Also Jordanston, Cwmbach, Letterston. He lived with his grandparents (James & Mary Howel/l/s) from a young age. (I have gleaned this information from the Family Bible and from census entries.)

Thank you for anything you can offer

Orielbenfro

.........William Thomas WARREY (maiden name) married Sarah DAVIES in The Parish Church of St Michael, Pembroke on the 20th February 1875..............

20th Feb 1875 ; William Warrey aged 27 yrs a bachelor and Seaman of HMS Nankin of the East End Pembroke son of George Warrey (Dec’d) a Seaman in the Royal Navy married Sarah Davies aged 24 yrs a spinster with no shown occupation of the East End the daughter of George Davies a Labourer by banns in front of Henry S. Blink. William signed his name and Sarah made her mark in the presence of W. Oliver(?) and Mary Ann (X) Tamlin.
    As you are probably aware there are a good number of references to the Nankin via Google.

I’m afraid there are no baptisms for a Sarah Davies (Davis) at Pembs St Michael circa 1848. There are a number of baptisms to a George & Mirian, a George and Marion, a George and Ada and a George and Elizabeth Mary, however, they all have “trades” and none are listed as labourers.

I have also searched Pembs St Mary and alas can also confirm that there is no Sarah baptized there to a George that would fit the date of your requirement ca 1848.

I did find a Sarah Davies baptized at St Twynells in 1847 alas again this is to a John & Anne Davies.

If as you say you can confirm that the parents of Sarah was George & Margaret I can offer two mrge’s for your consideration;
    20 Nov 1842 George Davies of full age a bach and joiner of Pembroke Dock the son of Thomas Davies a Joiner married Margaret Eynon aged 20 yrs a spinster of Pembroke the daughter of Joseph Eynon a shoemaker by licence in front of Will Lloyd. Both signed their names in the presence of John Codd and George Froyne (Note the Froynes for many generations where Parish Clerks of Pembs St Mary)
    23 Nov 1847 George Davies of full age a bach and labourer of Dunns Row the son of James Davies a labourer married Margaret Thomas of full age a spinster of Dunn’s Row the daughter of William Thomas a labourer by banns in front of W.M.D. Berrington. Both made their mark in the presence of James (X) Thomas and George Froyne.
    (Note Dunns Row, has long gone and was I believe a row of houses under the castle walls in westgate).

Turning to burials I have searched my index of Pembroke St Michael Burials for the period 1871 – 1929 and I find
    Entry 347 Sarah Warrey of the Workhouse buried 17 Mar 1883 aged 36 yrs by David Bowen
    Entry 200 William George Warry of Lower Lamphey Farm buried 06 May 1878 aged 02 yrs and 04 mths by D.E. Williams.
    If the burials took place at Pembs St Michael churchyard (doubtfull) then the headstones no longer exist, nor do any reference to their burial exist for Pembs St Michael Cemetery on the Lamphey Road Pembroke.

Without more info on Sarah, it is difficult to come up with any further information at this time. I trust the above is of some assistance to your research

Rgds
    Owen V.
    ORIEL a welsh window on a surname

Jillychris

Wow thank you so much I think you have found the baby that died. William (after his Father) George (after his Grandfather) the name WARREY is spelt without the e but that is common in fact it was originally WARRY George, William's Father, changed it or someone changed it for him he probably couldn't write.

The Sarah's burial from the workhouse is probably William's Wife I have now found them on Freebmd and will order the certificates. Fingers crossed.

I am not sure if Sarah's Parents were George and Margaret, I did find who I thought was Sarah in the Census and then I think I found another Sarah DAVIES if I remember rightly so that threw some doubt in.

I have just looked up Pembroke Workhouse and found

Sarah WANEY, 33, Pauper, Dom Servant, St Michaels, Pembroke

in the 1881 Census there, this maybe my Sarah as I have seen the name WARRY/WARREY entered as Waney before. This is probably why I couldn't find her on the 1881 before. I wonder why she was in the Workhouse and where was William at sea I suppose? I will probably never find out do you know if there are any records for Pembroke Workhouse?

Thank you once again I have been looking for Sarah and baby for ages hopefully with your help I have found them.

Kindest Regards
    Jill

Wirral

Are these indexes on cd or in book form?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast