Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Kinnockthecat

Do you have access to these records at Pembroke PRO?

Orielbenfro

Default Index's and Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnockthecat View Post
    Do you have access to these records at Pembroke PRO?
    No they are on my desktop. Reference your Dawkins are you related to the Farmers of Bearspool or the Hobbs Point turnpike?
    From my index of all names and places and relationships from all wills proven at the E.C.C. of St David's for the period 1600 to 1858 I note Jonas is mentioned at least twice in wills along with relations.
    I believe the Dawkins buried at St Daniels (just behind my bungalow) are also related to the Rhos Crowther area.
    St Daniels never had any registers and appear in the Pembs St Michael registers.
    Drop me a privte msge off list with your email address and I will do what I can to help you.
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro

Kinnockthecat

Quote Originally Posted by Orielbenfro View Post
    No they are on my desktop. Reference your Dawkins are you related to the Farmers of Bearspool or the Hobbs Point turnpike?
    From my index of all names and places and relationships from all wills proven at the E.C.C. of St David's for the period 1600 to 1858 I note Jonas is mentioned at least twice in wills along with relations.
    I believe the Dawkins buried at St Daniels (just behind my bungalow) are also related to the Rhos Crowther area.
    St Daniels never had any registers and appear in the Pembs St Michael registers.
    Drop me a privte msge off list with your email address and I will do what I can to help you.
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro
    Appreciate all your help, thanks very much

wendyfree

Default FRANCIS - PEMBROKESHIRE

G'day from Australia. As you know we are a pretty thick mob over here when it comes to looking up British and Welsh stuff, cos we don't know districts, boroughs and the like lol.
    I have been tracing the Francis family, have found grandads birth certificate, but can't for the life of me get any census info or death info???
    His name was William Ormond FRANCIS born in the Dec quarter of 1885, he was a twin, his twins name was Robert Harries FRANCIS, same DOB obviously. Now then, apparently Robert Harries died very early in life, can't find the record, have tried deceasedonline -nuthin. Think William died about 1981.
    There was another brother Vincent and a sister Daisy - can't find.
    Oh, the births of the boys were registered in Pembrokeshire, Dyfed 11a, page 931.
    Where oh where do i go from here, i don't expect you to do any tracing, i just need to be kicked in the right direction!
    thanks mate, any advice gladly taken
    Wendy in Oz

Orielbenfro

Default Robert Harries Francis of Pembroke

Wendy
    Robert Harries Francis died in the 3rd Qtr of 1895 aged 10 yrs. His death was recorded in the Pembroke Registration district Vol 11a Page 595.

Pembroke Registration District cover all parishes in the old Castlemartin hundred and part of the parishes of the old Narberth Hundred.

Robert H. Francis and William O. Francis were baptised in 1885 in the most beautifull and ancient parish church of Gumfreston. I'm not sure if I didn't see some Francis burials there on a previous visit, or am I living in hope.

It is quite lightly that the following are related to the above of your interest;
    George Vincent Francis bapt at Gumfreston 1889
    Margueritie Marian Francis bapt at Gumfreston 1891
    Ronald Llewellyn Francis bapt at Gumfreston 1887

I suspect one will find the burial of Robert H. Francis in the Gumfreston
    records but his burial probably took place at the Tenby Cemetery.

Hopefully I can find you more.
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro

wendyfree

Default FRANCIS - PEMBROKESHIRE

OOOOHHHHH, we are all still very excited at the reply! Wow, very impressed, we have been looking up the places you have mentioned, mind blowing. Thank you so much, talk soon Wendy

Orielbenfro

Default Francis of Gumfreston and Spittal

Gumfreston Baptism
    06 Feb 1887 Ronald Llewellyn to William and Maria Llewellyn Francis of Great Wedlock a Farmer
    31 Dec 1891 Born 02 Dec 1891 Margaret Marion to William & Maria Llewellyn Francis of Wedlock Farmer
    29 Aug 1885 William Ormond to William & Maria Francis of Great Wedlock Farmer
    29 Aug 1885 Robert Harries to William and Maria Francis of Great Wedlock Farmer
    31 Jan 1851 Maria Llewellin to George William and Margaret Ormond of Great Wedlock
    Saturday March 1852 Ann Elizabeth to George William & Margaret Ormond of Great Wedlock
    (Note this is the 1st time I have seen a day used and not a date for a baptism)

27th Sept 1881 William Francis a bach and farmer of Scolton the son of Essex Francis a famrer to Maria Llewhellin Ormond single a spinster dau of George Ormond. Both signed their names in the presence of Bridget Mary Roch and Robert Henry Harris.

1891 Census Wedlock Farm Gumfreston
    Wm Francis H M 35 Farmer Spittal
    Maria Francis W M 36 – Gumfreston
    Ormond Francis S U 09 – Gumfreston
    Robert Francis S U 05 – Gumfreston
    Vincent Francis S U 02 – Gumfreston
    + 3 domestic servants and 2 grooms
    1861 Census Scolton Farm Spittal
    Essex Harries H M 43 Farmer of 50 Acres Haverfordwest
    Mary John Harries W M 41 – Wiston
    William Francis S U 05 – Spittal
    Robert Henry Harries S U 01 – Spittal
    + 6 servants and plowman.

That was all I had time for, as I needed to do research for a talk I am preparing to give next week.

Rgds
    Oriel Benfro

Orielbenfro

Default Francis / Ormond of Gumfreston

I should have added that George Ormond was farming Great Wedlock Farm Gumfreston prior to his son in law William Francis taking over. So at least 2 generations of the family where born there.
    Rgds
    Oriel Benfro

apwright

Default BOSHERs of Pembroke Dock

Hello Oriel,
    I wonder if I could take you up on your magnificently kind offer and ask if you have any information at all on:

John & Jane (nee ?) BOSHER, born perhaps in the 1790s, married perhaps c.1810.

I've found the christenings of three children on IGI:
    George christened St Michaels 26/5/1815
    James christened St Michaels 27/3/1818
    John christened St Michaels 8/9/1820

John jr was my maternal grandad's maternal grandad. He at least moved to Glamorganshire (Llanwonno/Merthyr) later on, where he married in 1847, but it is believed that the others stayed in Pembroke.

If possible, I would particularly like to know the birth & marriage details of John sr and Jane, and whether they had any other children. Also John's relationship to the other Bosher families in Pembroke and whether the death registrations I found for a Jane BOSHER (Pembroke Q1 1841) and John BOSHER (Pembroke Q4 1849) are "my" Jane & John!

I can't find the family at all on the 1841 census.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me!

Best wishes,
    Adrian

Orielbenfro

Default Boshers of St Michael and St Mary

Adrian
    You are after ;
    John & Jane (nee ?) BOSHER, born perhaps in the 1790s, married perhaps c.1810.

I have found ;
    From my index of mrge’s for Pembroke St Michael register of 1795 to 1812 I note ;
    John Bosher of Pembroke St Michael married Jane Roch of Pembroke St Michael by banns on the 24 Apr 1808 in front of Nichs Roch. Both made their mark in the presence of James Thomas and W. Froyne.
    (Please note W(illiam) Froyne was Parish Clerk at this time a position the family would hold for generations to come.
    From my index of baptisms for Pembroke St Michael register 1796 to 1812 I note ;
    26 Mar 1809 Margarett to John & Jane Bosher baptised
    10 Feb 1811 John to John & Jane Bosher baptised
    From my index of baptisms for Pembroke St Michael register 1813 to 1839 I note ;
    26 May 1815 George to John & Jane Bosher of Eastend a Mariner baptised by Wm Lloyd
    27 Mar 1818 James to John & Jane Bosher of Eastend a Boatman baptised by C. Phillips
    30 Jan 1833 Jane the natural dau of Margaret Bosher of the Eastend baptised by J. Dalton
    08 Sep 1820 John Bosher to John & Jane Bosher of the Eastend a Mariner baptised by C. Phillips
    From my index of baptisms for Pembroke St Michael 1839 to 1901 I note ;
    11 Apr 1841 Thomas the natural son of Margaret Bosher of the East End baptised by J. Dalton
    From my index of burials for Pembroke St Michael 1813 to 1845 I note ;
    14 Feb 1841 Jane Bosher buried by J. Dalton aged 64 yrs.
    From my index of burials for Pembroke St Michael 1846 to 1870 I note ;
    Elizabeth Bosher of Twopenny Hay buried 20 Aug 1851 aged 76 by Essex Holcombe
    (Please note the fields called Twopenny Hay was once leased by my wifes ancestor George Oriel, in the early part of the 19th century. It is now a housing estate and part railway line in the East End of Pembroke.)
    From my index of baptisms for Pembroke St Michael 1748 to 1796 I note ;
    10 July 1762 Lewis to John & Frances Bosher baptised
    17 Sep 1760 Richard to John & Frances Bosher baptised
    23 Sep 1764 Mary to John & Frances Bosher baptised
    15 Jan 1766/67 Jane to John & Frances Bosher baptised
    Clearly the clerk slipped back into his old pre 1757 yearly setup.
    23 Oct 1775 Benjn to Jno & Francs Bosher baptised
    From my index of baptisms for Pembroke St Mary 1748 to 1812 I note
    20 Feb 1781/82 Henry to John & Frances Bosher baptised
    05 May 1775 Wm to John & Frances Bosher baptised

From my index of the Register of the Three Parishes for the period 1711 to 1744 I note ;
    Page 83 02 Apr 1740 William to Benjamin & Elizabeth Bosher baptised (Probably at Pembs St Michael)
    Page 77 03 ??? 1736 Elizabeth to Bengame & Elizabeth Bosher baptised (Parish unidentified)
    Page 70 11 Jun 1732 John to Richard & Jane Bosher baptised
    Page 74 22 ??? 1733 A son – name u/r to Richard & (u/r) Bosher baptised
    Please note the Register of the 3 parishes covers Monkton St Nicholas, Pembs St Mary and Pembs St Michael, however each entry is not annotated to parish, but I have been able to work out in a number of pages just what parish some pages relate to as in the above page 83.

From the Register of the Three Parishes 1711 to 1744 I have been unable to establish any mrge of the surname Bosher.

From my index of the Register of the Three Parishes 1711 to 1744 I note ;
    Page 61 unidentified 22 Jan 1729/30 Mary Bosher buried
    Page 47 unidentified 07 Feb 1725/26 John Bosher buried
    Page 91 Prob Pembs St Michael 13 Mar 1741/42 Richard Bosher buried
    Page 46 16 Jul 1725 Essix Bosher buried
    Page 98 Prob Pembs St Mary 31 Apr 1744 Leves Bosher buried

I currently have been unable to establish the baptism of Jane Roch circa 1770 to 1790.

From my index of Burials in the Pembs St Mary Register 1839 to 1882 I note
    Charles Bosher of the Workhouse buried 06 Feb 1846 aged 02 weeks by Essex Holcome
    John Bosher of Eastend buried 04 Nov 1849 aged 74 yrs by W.M.D. Berrington.

From my index of Mrges in the Pembs St Mary Register 1748 to 1770 I note
    John Bosher mrd Frances Carn 29 Mar 1759/60

From my index of Baptism in the Register of the Three Parishes 1711 to 1744 I note ;
    Page 62 unidentifed 08 Oct 1729 Elizabeth to Ffrancis Carne baptised
    Page 50 unidientifed 23 Jan 1726/27 William to Ffrancis Carne baptised
    Page 79 Prob Pembs St Michael Frances (a daughter) to Franke Carne baptised

From my index of Mrge in the Register of the Three Parishes 1711 to 1744 I note ;
    Page 50 unidentified (by me) 11 Apr 1726 Ffrancis Carne mrd Ffrancese Elyat
    (Please note the register does state that this mrge took place at Pembs St Michael)

More info to follow.
    Rgds
    Oriel Benfro

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast