Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Orielbenfro

Default A query on my indexs

You asked "Are these indexes on cd or in book form"

I replied ; My index’s are in neither form. All information stored in my indexs has been extracted by me in my own time at my own expense for my own personal interest.
    I do NOT repeat NOT and never have sought to sell, rent, hire, charge by the hour or in any other manor seek to obtain any financial reward from my projects. There is no hidden agenda, I am not a professional, disguised as an Amateur, I am a retired Civil Servant who started in Genealogy back in the early ‘70’s ~ B.C. (before computers).
    If you or anyone else believes I can assist their Pembroke Research then just ask, if I fail you have not lost anything and I have perhaps added to my knowledge of historical research. If I succeed and your family history becomes a best seller then a small mention wouldn’t go amiss.
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by Orielbenfro View Post
    Copies of original Census for 1841, 1861, 1871. Look-ups will require locations to search, (a request for a general search of Pembrokeshire for all the surname Jones, or similar is not possible ~ yes I have been asked).
    If these are not on cd or in book form, then are they on microfilm or fiche? I did not know that you could buy copies of them. Or at least if you could, then they would be hideously expensive. I've only seen such copies at the library. You learn something new every day.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Orielbenfro,

Would you have anthing covering Haverfordwest/St Ishmaels?
    Julie

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral
    If these are not on cd or in book form, then are they on microfilm or fiche? I did not know that you could buy copies of them. Or at least if you could, then they would be hideously expensive.
    I purchased some 1891 and 1901 census fiches from TNA at a reasonable price, I don't know if they still provide such a service, but using them I was able to index and transcribe a substantial part of NE Norfolk census records (before they became widely available online). I did something similar for earlier census returns many years ago travelling to London in order to view the records in the crowded rooms at Portugal Street. There are ways of accessing census returns without resorting to findmypast, thegenealogist, etc.

royston

Thumbs up Morris of Newport, Pembs. Llewhellin of Carew/Moncton

Quote Originally Posted by Orielbenfro View Post
    You said Letterston Parish Church

I was thinking more along the lines of names dates and events.

Rgds
    Orielbenfro
    Hello,
    You mention that you could look up Pembs. people.
    I wonder if you have anything on Morris of Newport,Pembs. or Llewhellin of Carew/Moncton.
    Quite a few years ago, I was given information by a Mr. Richard Rose, who wrote a book Pembroke People. I have tried to get this book on looan from the library circuit,but they say they cannot find it.
    Anything would be great,
    Thank you, Roy

royston

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by royston View Post
    Hello,
    You mention that you could look up Pembs. people.
    I wonder if you have anything on Morris of Newport,Pembs. or Llewhellin of Carew/Moncton.
    Quite a few years ago, I was given information by a Mr. Richard Rose, who wrote a book Pembroke People. I have tried to get this book on looan from the library circuit,but they say they cannot find it.
    Anything would be great,
    Thank you, Roy
    Owen, I have tried several times to e mail you but get a bounce.
    Can you please e mail me.
    I have sent my address via a private message,
    Thank you, Roy

vic1

Please could you look up coates in llanstandwell/ neyland area.
    and also a marriage between a david john williams and a dorcas geneva coates ( i am about to send for this certificate as it will hopefully help me with both branches )which would have taken place from 1919 onwards (I think ) in pembroke. any information you could find would be helpful as although i know what happens to the daughters i find no definite trace of the boys or mother after 1901. The father also appears to be always at sea (1881 and 1901) and I'm not sure even what his name is. unfortunately my gran never knew this side of her family and there are sseveral conflicting tales told from being related to the cotton giants ( high unlikely ) and being related to circus folk ( a bit more likely) many thanks vic

vic1

Smile

Many, many thanks for the information and suggestions . yes it does seem likely they were nonconformists - as all the rest of the family on my mums side seem to have been - I now know a lot more than my mum about methodism and she was brought up as a methodist ( her family were strong lay preachers ) my dad wasn't and so we were given the choice. i'm atheist so again non conformist.
    I also have another line in pembroke. which I am not currently working on as it far back 1800s and nonconformist unfortunately all l know about him is he was called Thomas Rees and came from crymych. but there are far too many Thomas Rees in that area to research just on that. one day i will research his life via the nonconformist records locally and at aberywsth but for now he's on hold.
    will corellate all the information i have recieved and from the certificates. hopefully they will give me some new leads . But again thank you for your help and use of your knowledge from your own research

brianb

Good day Owen, a very generous offer of your time to help those of us with families in the vicinity. I feel mine are a little outside your area but have included the details on the off chance something turns up.

My G G Grandfather is John Evans, born in Manordeifi, who moved with his own family to Cardiff. The info below is what I have pieced together, it seems correct, but needs further checks especially with regards to the earlier persons. Would you by any chance have any details on these.

Much thanks for any time spent on this,

Regards

Brian

I have John Evans, born Manordeifi 1832, the son of Evan Evans (b1799 Cenarth) and his wife Mary Jones(b 1809 Manordeifi)

John is probably the son of “Mr Evan” (b1771) and Hannah James both of Cenarth who were married in 1796.

Mary Jones is the daughter of John Jones (b1781) and his wife Sarah (b1776) both of Manordeifi.

Default re: Free Lookups

Thank you SO much for all the information! I am overwhelmed with everything you found for me! GREATLY appreciate your time and efforts! Thanks again and best wishes -
    Seashell

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast