sue norman

Default BRUNTON family cullercoats 1800s

Have researched Brunton family of cullercoats mostly fishermen through my family line. Would like to know if anyone has traced them further back than George Brunton born Earsdon 1740? As there are Bruntons in Scotland wondered if they originally hailed from Scotland? Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    Sue Norman

Graham Steele

Quote Originally Posted by sue norman
    Have researched Brunton family of cullercoats mostly fishermen through my family line. Would like to know if anyone has traced them further back than George Brunton born Earsdon 1740? As there are Bruntons in Scotland wondered if they originally hailed from Scotland? Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    Sue Norman
    Hi Sue
    not sure if this is same family but will give it a go
    my mothers maiden name was Clark and her mothers maiden name was Margaret Brunton brother Jake and wife Betty and used to live on the Broadway
    they also were involved in fishing
    could this be the same family
    please reply
    thanks
    Graham

sue norman

Smile BRUNTON family Cullercoats 1800s

Hi Graham
    If you could give me some rough dates I'll see if I have any info on Margaret Brunton do you know who her parents were?
    I have a family tree of the Bruntons which is quite extensive but there are many Margaret Bruntons as they used to pass down the same names back then.
    Cheers
    Sue

davypaul

Hi Sue - I too have looked into the Bruntons and got as far back as George b 1740. As it's a good few years since your post, did you manage to get any further back?
    Cheers
    David

Barefoot

Quote Originally Posted by sue norman View Post
    Hi Graham
    If you could give me some rough dates I'll see if I have any info on Margaret Brunton do you know who her parents were?
    I have a family tree of the Bruntons which is quite extensive but there are many Margaret Bruntons as they used to pass down the same names back then.
    Cheers
    Sue
    I m researching Cullercoats Wilsons, Jeffersons, Bruntons and Clarks and wondered if you could let me have copy of the family tree you mention?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Sue Norman

I am researching
    Brunton Family tree and my grandmother Mary Rose Stuart Brunton was from Leith in Edinburgh. Bruntons were Burghers of the city of Edinburgh from 1200's. I keep digging!
    Kind regards-Kim xx