Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIMMER/RYMER

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I was going off information off of his papers from WWI. Must have been from his second enlistment. Now I know he had two. Not sure who filled out his paperwork, but it listed his three children and his wife Gertrude Rimmer. Winifred is my Grandmother. The papers stated they got married in Seacombe in 1911, so that's probably an error, but they did list a William Rimmer as a witness. Until I know actual fact, I'd hazard a [U]guess[U] that's his father. Second enlisted was in 8 April 1921 and lasted 84 days.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

And Thank you.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you. Do you have a source citations?

Hi
    I have just taken another look at his set of papers on ancestry and when he signed up in 21 July 1909 age 24 years and 9 months he stated he had already served 4 years in the 2nd Batt(?)Liverpool regiment so is this another record we need to be looking for?

Not that any of this is giving us a clue to his parentage.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you. Takes me in another direction for searching. more clues. William Rimmer is a Jr. (Witness at his marraige is a William Rimmer). Hoping to find death record information from 1921 to about 1930s or 1940s. Perhaps Liverpool Workhouse.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLutke View Post
    Thank you. Takes me in another direction for searching. more clues. William Rimmer is a Jr. (Witness at his marraige is a William Rimmer).
    William Rimmer is only a Jr if in the 'father's name' box it says William Rimmer. A witness called William Rimmer could just be a cousin.
    As you appear to have his marriage certificate, what is his father's name and occupation? And is the date 1906, or is it 1911?
    If you don't have the marriage certificate, how can you say that a William Rimmer was a witness? What is your source of information?

Hoping to find death record information from 1921 to about 1930s or 1940s. Perhaps Liverpool Workhouse.
    From what I can see William is still alive in 1939. (Source 1939 Register, found on Findmypast.) His date of birth in the Register isn't the same as that found by Christina in post #10 (same month, wrong date and year), and he's not living in Seacombe, which makes it slightly difficult to confirm he's actually yours.
    What makes you think he might have died in Liverpool workhouse?

If you confine a search for a death registration to Liverpool then you need to look for registrations in the districts of Liverpool, Liverpool North, Liverpool South and West (or just W.) Derby.

Possible death registrations for William:
    Died aged 65, in 1950, Southport registration district.
    Died aged 78, in 1962, Liverpool North registration district.
    Died aged 80, in 1964, Liverpool North registration district.
    Died aged 78, in 1962, St Helens registration district.
    Died aged 65, in 1950, Blackburn registration district.
    Died aged 71, in 1956, Ormskirk registration district.

Other possible family death registrations:
    Death registration for a Gertrude Rimmer (no second name or initial), aged 66, in 1953, in Birkenhead RD.
    Death registration for a William P Rimmer, aged 47 (possibly William and Gertrude's son) in 1960 in Birkenhead RD.

Information about Liverpool workhouse. https://www.
    workhouses.org.uk/Liverpool/

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12