Debbie Bozkurt

Default Dolphin Inn Staughton Moor

Just discovered my 4 x Great Grandfather was a publican in Staughton Moor. The 1841 and 1851 census just says Staughton Moor Publican but the 1861 census says the Dolphin Inn Staughton Moor. His name was Joseph Stringer and I have tried googling the Dolphin Inn but can not find anything does anyone know where I can get information about this Inn from.

Thanks Debs

pinklion

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Bozkurt View Post
    Just discovered my 4 x Great Grandfather was a publican in Staughton Moor. The 1841 and 1851 census just says Staughton Moor Publican but the 1861 census says the Dolphin Inn Staughton Moor. His name was Joseph Stringer and I have tried googling the Dolphin Inn but can not find anything does anyone know where I can get information about this Inn from.

Thanks Debs
    My husband's family lives on Staughton Moor. The pub is no longer there, apparently my brother-in-law does a lot of metal detecting and has found old bottles, etc. from the pub that was once there. The building is no longer there.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Dwellings on Staughton Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Bozkurt View Post

Thanks Debs
    My Father lived on Staughton Moor almost opposite the Dolphin Inn. The House has long gone and there is only one family member left who could possibly provide details of the Inn.
    Regards
    David

Hello and welcome to the British-Genealogy forums David.
    Unfortunately Debbie is no longer a member of the Brit-Gen forums as indicated by the word 'Guest' under her avatar,so will not receive notification of your post.
    Your information could help others in the future though.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs