Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gumm Brickwall

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Marie,
    I know this is a long shot as your post is 13 years ago, but I had to contact you as my Gt Gt Grandmother was Elizabeth Gumm, daughter of Thomas and Johanna. I am from the Australian branch, as Elizabeth married John Charles Abbott. They had a daughter Elizabeth who married Charles Gray ( an American apparently. Their daughter, Elizabeth Ina Gray was my grandmother although I never met her as she died when my father was 2 months old. She was 42. Would love to be in touch and know if you found Thomas and Johannah. Regards Helen

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Helen,

As you pointed out, this is an old thread, and sadly the original poster Marie C is no longer a member of the forum as noted by the word 'guest' under her username.

The good news is that in the last fourteen years very many more records/indexes have gone online so in general research is much easier, though some areas of the country are still poorly represented.

From your post
    my Gt Gt Grandmother was Elizabeth Gumm, daughter of Thomas and Johanna. I am from the Australian branch, as Elizabeth married John Charles Abbott.
    which links
    Elizabeth , born Dec 1814, bap Jan 1815,(married John Charles Abbott in Isleworth and they emmigrated to Adelaide S.A on the Buckingham in 1839.
    Findmypast have loads of records for Surrey, including baptisms, marriages, and burials, as well as some parish register images. (Just type Surrey in the search box.) List of parishes https://www.
    findmypast.co.uk/articles/surrey-parish-list

One thing I did pick up on from Marie's post was that both Elizabeth and her elder sister Mary Ann married in Isleworth which I think is in Middlesex, so you perhaps need to check out that area too.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12