Starting to feel at home Creighton's Avatar

Post ROALFE family - Canterbury & Kent

Hello

I am researching the ROALFE family going back from the 1820's in Canterbury area of kent. I have a g-g-g-grandmother named Anne Frances ROALFE who, according to the censuses, came from Canterbury. I have no knowledge of any siblings or parents and was wondering if anyone in this forum had any knowledge or details on this family name. There seems to be a lot of them in this area around this time and earlier. Any information would be gratefully received.
    Thank you.

colashbury

Default Hi Creighton

Only thing that I can find is Ann Frances Roalf,born in Canterbury in 1821.She died about September 1890.She had married twice to a Thomas Shuttleworth from Middlesex and a Charles Laing.Thats about it really.Not too much use I suppose....Colin

Default ROALFE

Hi,

I am possible distant relation? This is a screen shot of some of the information i have on the roalfe family, I noticed the name not sure of course if this is one in the same but there are two on my sheets. This information was collected sometime ago, from my family who have a old book, written by my great uncle when he was hoping to claim some family money. Unfortunately he was unable to claim as the church with connecting records burn down some years before. On the upside we got his records though. Let me know if this is any help... Also the roalfe family was connected to the story of Pocahontas, she only had one son and although I doubt directly connected to him other members of John's family changed to this spelling of Roalfe, apparently or at least that has been the story brought down to me?

Default Roalfe

Hi , I am a David Fredrick Roalfe , My family live in Hants although I now live in Essex ...trying to trace my family tree as far as I can .. would be good to find if anyone out there is related .

Some war records :

First Name Surname Service Number Rank Record Year Unit
    Agnes Roalfe Civilian 1944 Civilian War Dead
    Albert Roalfe 284962 Chief Stoker 1918
    Arthur W Roalfe 646800 Gunner 1914 Royal Field Artillery
    Beatrice Gwendoline Roalfe Civilian 1941 Civilian War Dead
    Betty May Roalfe 1924 British Army
    David Roalfe Sergeant 1984 Living Veteran Grenadier Guards (This is Me )
    Ernest Roalfe 34542 Private 1918 Duke Of Cornwall's Light Infantry

Frederick Roalfe L.5850 Officer's Clerk 1st Class 1918
    George Roalfe M/33543 Private 1914 Royal Army Service Corps
    H W Roalfe 1088812 Gunner 1942 Royal Artillery

Henry William Roalfe 1088812 Lance Bombardier 1942

M Roalfe 8200 Sergeant 1915 South Lancashire Regiment
    Philip William Roalfe London Z/7984 Ordinary Seaman 1918
    S Roalfe 394891 1899 Royal Engineers