Thread: Strelitz

AlanR

Default Strelitz

This is probably a bit of a long shot, but here goes. I'm currently researching family history of ancestors born in Strelitz near Cargill just north of Perth, one David Sime born 1811, and his father also David but shown in the OPR as Sim, born 1772. Strelitz was a planned village established in 1763 at the end of the seven years war as a model agricultural village for returned soldiers. The village was named after Queen Charlotte of Strelitz, (in what was then Prussia) wife of George 3rd. David Sime was shown in the 1841 and 1851 cenuses as a linen hand loom weaver. If there is anybody out there who may be doing research in any related areas it would be great to hear from you.

Ever hopeful

AlanR

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Strelitz/AlanR.
    I have just joined this site and seen this post. If information is still sought I can offer the following:- David Sim b.1722 in Strelitz was married to Elizabeth (Betty) Thom. As well as at least 2 sons David b.1811 and John b.1805 they also had a daughter Elspeth (known as Betty so was perhaps baptized Elizabeth as these names seem to have been interchangable). b.1799-d.1884. She married John Clark b.1786-d.1859 who was also born in Strelitz, at Cargill, Perthshire, on 23/4/1826. They had 6 children and were my 3xg grandparents. They later took the tenancy of a small farm close to Strelitz called Dronners. The name was later changed to Milestone. I hope this may be of some interest.