Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mamaburk

As you will find, John Doney and Susanna Doney are in the 1851 census of St. Cleer. John is 44 [1807] and Susanna is 42 [1809]. With them are Mary J 16, Daniel 14, Elizabeth 12, John 10, Ann 8, Susanna 5 and Joseph 2mos. I do believe that this is the Elizabeth that married William John Masters in 1859. But where is her birth registration? [See message above]

Someone submitted records to the LDS Family Search for Mary, Daniel, John giving parents as John Doney and Sussanna Congdon. There is also a marriage submitted as 8 Sep 1833 ... no church record given ... John's birth and baptism is given as 24 JUN 1810 Quethiock, Cornwall, England. I wonder if this might be the other John and Susanna Doney who do show up in census records. There seems to be one couple in North Hill and the other in Liskeard ... and the children's names are different. What is really strange, however is that it is not until 1871 [when the children are mainly gone] that there is a record for them in both places.

The North Hill family has John, James, Samuel, William, Enoch and Louisa. They are in 1841 and 1861. The St. Cleer/Liskeard couple have Mary J, Daniel, Elizabeth, John, Ann, Susanna and Joseph. This family is in 1851. Both are in 1871, and 1881 has John and Susan for the St. Cleer family, and Susanna and Louisa for the other family.

And so it goes ... nothing definitive about this group at all! Ruth

mamaburk

Does this add to the confusion ...
    I sent for two birth registrations for children of John and Susan Doney: Joseph born in Jan 1851 and Enoch born in 1840. They have two different mothers, both have "John Doney" for father ....
    31 May 1840 Way Cross, North Hill Enoch, boy, son of John Doney, agricultural labourer and Susanna Doney formerly Littlejohns. Registered by Susanna Doney, mother of North Hill with her mark on 7 July 1840. Francis Whitford, Registrar of Launceston, subdistrict Lezant, Cornwall.

12 Jan 1851 Folly, Saint Cleer Parish Joseph, boy, son of John Doney, Labourer and Susan Doney formerly Congdon. Registerted by Susan Doney, mother, Folly, Saint Cleer Parish on 8 Feb 1851. John Davey Registrar of Liskeard, subdistrict Liskeard, Cornwall.

Well, it does confirm that there are two John and Susan households in the 'area' at the same time ... now to figure which one Elizabeth belonged to!

Default Gumb

Hi Brenda,

I found this thread by Googling 'Daniel & Elizabeth Gumb'. I see it's an old thread but I hope you see my reply.

My 2x Great Grandmother Elizabeth Mary Jane Verran married Daniel Gumb after her first husband, Richard Hugo, died in 1864. Elizabeth & Daniel Gumb had 4 children John, Mary, Bessie & Frederick, (my 2nd Great Uncles & Aunties). I don't have the details of when they married & came to Australia, (haven't gone that far in my research), but her daughter, Jemima Hugo - my Great Grandmother, came to Australia in 1888. Most of the family came over around that time.

Deb

racing girl

Hi Deb
    I'm still around, I don't use this site as much as I used to though, but I do keep up with the email address attached to it! You can reach me at ginettag1572AYyahooDOTcom for a chat! Welcome to the family!

Cheers
    Brenda
    Last edited by christanel; 13-03-2019 at 8:10 AM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Hi Brenda,

Have just emailed you.

Debby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12