Thread: BERRETT

Mortlake, London (where the Boat Race ends)

Default BERRETT

Whilst working on my own tree, I've accumulated vast amounts of data about my own BERRETT line - but also many other lines. I'm now in the process of trying to tie all the information together and my 'Odd Berrett' database has now become a fully-fledged One Name Study of BERRETT.

Some of my own line have changed their name to BARRETT over the years; I guess a Wiltshire accent didn't help census enumerators in the days when folk didn't know how to spell their own name! There are also various other spellings: BERRET, BERETT, BERRYT, BERRIT, BERAT etc.

And all that's before you get into the BERRETTS who have been wrongly transcribed at BENNETT and, of course, vice versa!

One of the main reasons for embarking on this was to try and discover, once and for all, who came first? The Pewsey Vale Berretts or the Steeple Ashton Berretts... or did they both originate from elsewhere...

If anyone is researching the name of BERRETT the chances are I probably have your line already on my database at least to some degree. Please contact me for further details!

Abbych

Am searching for ancestors of Erastus Barrett (b 1799 in Upper Canada; d 28 Feb 1865 & is buried in Fairview Cemetery, Grafton, Ontario, Canada) His wife was Catherine ? (b 1801; d 23 Feb 1885 & is buried with her husband) Their 3 children were
    Chester: b 1822 or 1823
    Dester: b 1824, d 18 Dec 1893
    Sara (Jane?)
    Dan: b 1830, d 6 Aug 1898 (buried with parents)

Apparently he came north from the states (year?)

anthing sound familiar????????

Orchid

Default James Berrett

Whist researching my family tree I have found out that my fathers uncle was chief inspector James Berrett. I was wondering if you had any mo information about him in your data base.
    Would be nice to hear from you
    Thanks in advance