Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default USA 3rd Cousin of Ellis Thompson Jackson, Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by BritGirlTaylor View Post
    Just hooked up to this site while trying to find information on Ellis Thompson Jackson Snr - who is my fathers step father. He passed away in 1948. Is there is anyone out there that is related? - I am trying to connect a lot of dots and would love to hear from you!
    Hello, I am hoping that you are still active on this site. I am the cousin of Ellis Thompson Jackson, Sr. I live in the U.S. and have been researching my paternal ancestors for about ten years. I recently discovered this site and hope to establish contact with relatives of Ellis Thompson Jackson, Sr and Ellis, Jr. I hope that what I have uncovered through my research can "connect the dots", for you, however, I can tell you that Ellis Sr's grandfather was Abraham Jackson and he was the brother of my great grandfather, George Jackson. These brothers lived in Chester County, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. and each married sisters of the Maulden family. It was Abraham, a farm worker who moved his family to the state of Oxford, New Jersey between 1860 and 1870 for a while. Abraham returned to Chester County, Pennsylvania but Josiah, Ellis's father, appears to have remained in New Jersey to raise his family.

I have a lot more information on the Jackson family in America to share. However, I too would like to find out more information about Ellis T. Jackson,Sr and Ellis', Jr's family who remain in England or other parts of Europe.. I hope you can help. Please feel free to contact me so that we can continue to share what we know. Thanks and have the best day ever.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello SoniaEileen, I am reaching out to a number of respondents who have submitted posts searching for information pertaining to American relatives of Ellis Thompson Jackson. I am Ellis, Sr's 3rd cousin from Pennsylvania. I am hoping to connect with my cousins in England or elsewhere and hope that you are still active on this site. I have genealogy information about your American relatives to the extent that I have been able to discover myself about them. I have been researching the family for about ten years but I am very interested in learning about my cousins in England. Please contact me should you wish to share information. Have a great day and I look forward to sharing.

Hello MediaGirlUSA - This site went quiet for quite a while so I have not been active. There was a lot of information passed on through this medium which is not in this tbread. I am one of the many grandchildren of Ellis Thompson Jackson jnr. He came to England as a teenager and eventually married my grandmother, Jessie Jackson (nee Wood). They had 8 children, 2 boys and 6 girls. My grandfather played the trombone and tap danced and played in Billy Cotton's band for many years. He also ran a tap dancing school for a while from his home in Brixton. I look forward to hearing more about his American family; best wiahes.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello SoniaEileen, So good to be in communication with you. I hope all is well with you and family. I too would like very much to learn about my British family. I do not know what you already know about your grandfather's American family. I am his 3rd cousin 1x removed. Ellis, Jr's Great Grandfather was Abraham Jackson from Chester County,Pennsylvania. Abraham was the brother of my 2x paternal grandfather George. My research indicates that the brothers originally came from the state of Delaware, USA. Abraham and George were farmers. George stayed in Pennsylvania but Abraham moved from the farming county to New Jersey and was first recorded living in Oxford, Warren Township, New Jersey in 1870. Abraham did not stay in New Jersey, he eventually returned to Chester County, but some of Abraham's children like Josiah Jackson, (Ellis, Sr's father) remained and made his home in Morristown, Morris, New Jersey. I did not know my paternal Jackson relatives as they lived elsewhere and or had died before I was born. I have only learned of them through my research. The Jackson family as a whole was fairly large, however, unfortunately, I have not been able to locate any relative still living in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, YET!I would like to continue communicating with you but via our email addresses but I do not know how to safely arrange this and that is if you are willing. If you know a safe way to exchange email addresses, please let me know the steps to take to do so. Take care SoniaEileen. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Mediagirl
    to safely exchange email addresses with others on this site just click on their avatar and from the menu click on Private Message. No one can access any other members pm's, not any other member or Admin so perfectly private.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you for this information.

Wow what can I say ! So my great grandfather is Ellis Jackson jnr, with my grandad being one of his sons. My grandad, Gerald Ellis lived in Scotland until he moved to Scarborough with his family and where he met his his wife, my grandma. They lived in Pickering North Yorkshire until he passed away 2 years ago. Reading all the information you have on my great grandad has been absolutely fascinating, thank you for the amazing read.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    from glasgow, at university in upstate new york

Hello. I have recently learned about this side of the family after looking into my USA eligibility, seeking opportunity as i go to university here and am looking to find out more information. My Grandad is the grandson of Ellis Jackson jnr and we too live in scotland. i would love to hear more if anyone can provide any information, thanks

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Wow. Ida was my my Grandma and died in 2001. She married and had 4 children; Jackie, John, Jean and James. My dad is John. We live in Scotland.
    Spoke to my dad today about these posts and am blown away with the history and his memories x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123